Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Jesus' return day revealed?

Christian77

It is very likely that Jesus will return on Tishri 1.

Reason:
7jewishfeastscolor2012.jpg

In this picture you can see 7 Jewish festivals. These 7 Jewish festivals are divided into two groups, the spring festivals and the fall festivals. Although one spring festival is missing in the picture, namely the New Year's festival which is on the first Nisan (Ex 12:2).

The spring feasts were fulfilled at the first coming of Jesus. He was born on 1 Nisan and thus fulfilled the New Year, for he is the true newness (2 Cor 5:17). He was crucified on 14 Nisan and thus fulfilled the Passover sacrifice, for he is the true Passover lamb (John 12:9). He was resurrected on 16 Nisan, and thus fulfilled the Feast of Firstfruits, for he was the first to rise from the dead (1 Cor 15:20). The disciples assembled on Pentecost, and thus fulfilled Shavout (Lev 23:21), for they are the true assembly (Acts 2:1).

So you can clearly see that the spring feasts have already been fulfilled at the first coming. But the fall feasts have not yet been fulfilled, because the fall feasts will be fulfilled at the second coming. I think that Jesus will come on 1 Tishri because the first Tishri is the Feast of Trumpets (Lev 23:24) and according to the Bible, Jesus will come when the trumpets are blown (1 Thess 4:16). A few days later is the Feast of Atonement (Yom Kippur), i.e. the Day of Reckoning, which can refer to the Day of Judgment. And again a few days later is the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot), which can refer to paradise (John 14:2-3).

Question:
Didn't Jesus say that no one knows the day?
Possible answer:
It is not what it seems. For example, Revelation 19:12 says that Jesus has a name that no one knows except him. Does this mean that the Father does not know the name? Because it literally says that nobody but Jesus knows the name. Do you understand what I am getting at?

Reason:

In this picture you can see 7 Jewish festivals. These 7 Jewish festivals are divided into two groups, the spring festivals and the fall festivals. Although one spring festival is missing in the picture, namely the New Year's festival which is on the first Nisan (Ex 12:2).

The spring feasts were fulfilled at the first coming of Jesus. He was born on 1 Nisan and thus fulfilled the New Year, for he is the true newness (2 Cor 5:17). He was crucified on 14 Nisan and thus fulfilled the Passover sacrifice, for he is the true Passover lamb (John 12:9). He was resurrected on 16 Nisan, and thus fulfilled the Feast of Firstfruits, for he was the first to rise from the dead (1 Cor 15:20). The disciples assembled on Pentecost, and thus fulfilled Shavout (Lev 23:21), for they are the true assembly (Acts 2:1).

So you can clearly see that the spring feasts have already been fulfilled at the first coming. But the fall feasts have not yet been fulfilled, because the fall feasts will be fulfilled at the second coming. I think that Jesus will come on 1 Tishri because the first Tishri is the Feast of Trumpets (Lev 23:24) and according to the Bible, Jesus will come when the trumpets are blown (1 Thess 4:16). A few days later is the Feast of Atonement (Yom Kippur), i.e. the Day of Reckoning, which can refer to the Day of Judgment. And again a few days later is the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot), which can refer to paradise (John 14:2-3).

Question:
Possible answer:
It is not what it seems. For example, Revelation 19:12 says that Jesus has a name that no one knows except him. Does this mean that the Father does not know the name? Because it literally says that nobody but Jesus knows the name. Do you understand what I am getting at?
Yes, Except for by revelations from Him.

Reason:

Question:
Possible answer:
No person knows the day or the hour. He may return on the 1st of Tishrei, but no one knows for sure.

Back