Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

John Piper asked...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

JM said:
JM said:
what is the chief end of God?

The chief end of God is to glorify God, and to enjoy Himself forever.

Does God like man more then Himself?

No, God would not set up a false idol.

Hello, JM -

Okay, I see what you are saying, but what is the point? The observation that God wants to glorify God doesn't seem to go anywhere. What does it mean that God wants to glorify God? Any skeptic worth his salt would ask some tough questions about this. Heck, I am a believer, and I would not know how to answer them.

For what reason does God intend to glorify Himself?

• Does He not have enough glory already?
  • Does he need to exert his glory ever more forcefully because he does not fully experience and appreciate the glory he's got?
  • Is he unaware that he is glorious unless he has creatures that remind him of it?

You see the problem, perhaps. I do not ask these things with even a trace of facetiousness - but I just kind of do a "what??" when someone tells me that God wants nothing to but to glorify himself.

Why would he want to do that?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back