Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Joy - A Quick Study

Josef

Hey All,
I did a little word study on "joy."
Here are a couple of interesting facts about joy..

Joy
First use of the word in the Bible:

1 Samuel 18:6
And it came to pass as they came, when David was returned from the slaughter of the Philistine, that the women came out of all cities of Israel, singing and dancing, to meet king Saul, with tabrets, with joy, and with instruments of musick.

David had just defeated Goliath and the cities of Israel were celebrating with dancing and music.
So joy is associated with victory; and expressed through music and dance. That seems fair.

Last usage recorded:
(Notice it is just before The Revelation; not a lot of joy in that book until you get to the end.)

Jude 1:24-25 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
(I included v25 so v24 makes sense.)

Who is able to keep us from falling?

John 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Jesus, who Jude calls " . . . the only wise God our Saviour, . . . "

Who is able to present us faultless, and how does he do it?

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Jesus does it by grace, through faith.
(Remember faith is God's gift to us.)

So, when we believe in Jesus, His righteousness is imparted to us.
This brings God the Father exceeding joy
Our salvation is a victory for God.

How do you believe God expresses His Joy?
Your thoughts?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,

Joy

And it came to pass as they came, when David was returned from the slaughter of the Philistine, that the women came out of all cities of Israel, singing and dancing, to meet king Saul, with tabrets, with joy, and with instruments of musick.

David had just defeated Goliath and the cities of Israel were celebrating with dancing and music.
So joy is associated with victory; and expressed through music and dance. That seems fair.

Last usage recorded:
(Notice it is just before The Revelation; not a lot of joy in that book until you get to the end.)

Jude 1:24-25 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Your thoughts?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
This is a rejoiceful study! I think God expresses His joy through the Holy Spirit.
Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

And the best thing is that even during the darkest times in a Christian’s life, we still have the joy of the Lord, the Hope of Glory! :woot3

Thank You, Jesus …
Lu

Your thoughts?

Good thread!

I believe He expresses His joy in the Love He gives us, and the rewards He stores up for us, both in this life and the next. I always associate His joy expressed towards me with my reward in Heaven some day, as per passages like the following in Matthew 5:

11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in Heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Hey All,

Joy

Last usage recorded:

Your thoughts?

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz
Hello Brother, Great post, we believe also that the joy of the Lord is our strength.

Love, Walter

Hey Taz,
I love this word study on "joy"! It’s fascinating how joy in the Bible connects deeply with victory and God's grace. I think God expresses His joy through the transformation and salvation of His people, as it reflects His love and grace in action.

Keep up the great study!

Back