Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[ Testimony ] Just something perhaps of interest?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
E

Elijah674

My wife handed me an SDA Southern Tiding magazine with an article in it. (March 2011) The material is great, but it gave little mention & little credit to the one who was used of God to get His message out to the world, E.G. White. Only the woman of the article herself did that. Before we go to the contents of the article, ask yourself, why myself, who could never be in any SDA membership + another whois not in their membership, are some of the few ones who understand the need of giving credit for where credit is required?

Here first is what was posted up on a non/SDA forum by another: (perhaps this site?)
(Posted up by Soma Sight)

ONE FINAL BIT OF PROOF OF THE "GOOD FRUITS" OF E.G. WHITE FOLLOWERS!

NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC PROCLAIMS SDAs TO BE THE LONGEST LIVING PEOPLE ON EARTH!

The cover story of the November 2005 issue of 'National Geographic Magazine'[qv] discusses the longevity of Adventists, four to ten years longer than non-Adventists. Adventists, along with natives of Okinawa and Sardinia, are the longest-lived people in the world, a trait which has been attributed to health practices as well as the weekly Sabbath as a stress reducer.
-------

OK: Now back to the Southern Tidings. The contents has a picture of an Seventh-day Adventist woman on her craftsman riding mower which she uses to mow her acre of grass, also of her in one of her gardens picking collard greens. She has been a vegan vegetarian for 37 years. And takes 'NO' prescription medicine, but does use herbs and garlic she says. 'I keep my head in health books and study Mrs. White's writings.' She also drives & she does all of her own cooking.

SO: What is so big about that you ask??? She is 103 years old.

--Elijah

Gen. 1 (and just a few comment's)

[26] And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

(Just a couple thoughts here: 'after our likeness'. The angels are all 'ministering spirits,' (Heb. 1:13-14) & God IS A SPIRIT, or Holy Spirit God! And is referred to as the Holy Spirit or as the Holy Ghost. And after Adam sinned He gave up both the Holy Spirit & his 'given' domain. Adam as well as all of mankind would have to be Born Again as Christ required & documented in John 3:5-8, and again Acts 5:32 documents how & only how that this takes place! And Christ would win back Adam's lost domain of earth & send the Holy 'SPIRIT' to present Himself (Christ) over all of the earth. Omnipresent once again! And remember that man was destined to die which means that another 'evil angel spirit' would control him unless the 'Conditional Accepted Plan' of the Eternal Gospel (Rev. 14:6) was introduced! )

[27] So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
[28] And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air,
and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
[29] And God said, Behold, I have given you every
herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
[30] And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

(OK: Take note of the diet of both mankind & creature before sin came about! Read the above verse again. And what is interesting is that up until the flood mankind lived to be around 1000 years old. And after the flood God did gave permission to eat flesh as food. (the Clean!) In the Ark God required in Gen. 7:1-3 that the 'clean' were to be saved in the Ark by 'sevens' and the 'unclean' by two. One can see that as Lev. has it, Noah knew exactly what was clean & what was not.. and that was even before the flood! But what is of interest to some at least, is in Gen.9:5 we see God telling them the effects of a non/vegetarian diet, permitted yes, but not very smart! take note:

'And [surely your blood of your lives will I require: at the hand of every beast will I require it.'):study

(Not to clear for the today's one it seems? These mostly eat & drink anything, ask the blessing over it and down it goes, huh? (even what God documents as the unclean!) But let see if God did indeed require their lives by this change of permissible CLEAN FOOD DIET??? We see in Gen. 11 that up to the time of the flood in verse one, that the [whole earth] were of [one language and one speech]! And today's tongues + angels speech? Whatever, but the gift of tongues were never even heard of back then!? Back to verse 10-11. 600 yr.. olds?
And verse 13 on gives it over for another.. to figure out! (not me) But we do see Abram in Gen. 25:7-8 at 175 & he died.

Anyway, you get the idea that we pretty much are what one eats! And even then, these still were all CLEAN food consumers by Gods requirement. Again folks, their was NO JEW before the flood either!;)

---Elijah

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back