Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Let the games begin.

StAgnes

The music games that is.

Since I'm new here I better explain that. I am a violinist...a violinist who should be in her first year of college...since I'm almost 20. But well, I'm not. Currently I'm living at home, and the plan was that I'd be auditioning for music conservatories this coming fall/ winter and then going to school next year. Fingers crossed for that to happen.

But about a month ago I decided (and strongly feel it's where God is leading me) that not only will I try to get in for violin performance, but that hopefully I will get in for music composition as well.

The catch to that is that I've hardly written any music...a bazillion ideas...but nothing concrete.

So now I've found a teacher (really just someone willing to review my work), but I haven't told him yet that I've never written any music. Which basically means I've got to get something written by next week so we can go over it. Looks like I'll be spending a lot of time in my room plunking out notes on my keyboard (and man am I a terrible pianist). This I think, is insanity at its finest :confused2

Anyways, I could use your prayers, that I would hopefully be able to get something written down, and that the review will go well.

Better sign off now, I could spend forever talking about my composition projects (the current one is a string quartet mimicking the sounds of a rainy day), but I've got some music to write!:woot2

Just jam away ,like making a stew and let the Holy Spirit guide your given talent .I think thats the way Bach an Handel did it.Most of their works were Theologically Inspired ,from what Ive read.So just go for it.
Edit:As a bit of a composer myself Classical as well as Pop .I have learned that if it sounds good to your ear within the confines of your musical knowledge, then the chances are that it will sound good to the listener as well.Its like doing any task or assignement where you have done a bit of good research to the best of your ability .Dont worry too much about trying to impress anyboby with wiered sounding breakthroughs in music .For now stick to the normal normal tonal rules as you know best.Im sure thats all they want to hear at this stage.This all depends on the period style of music you are required to compose for of cause.

Last edited:
Just jam away ,like making a stew and let the Holy Spirit guide your given talent .I think thats the way Bach an Handel did it.Most of their works were Theologically Inspired ,from what Ive read.So just go for it.
Edit:As a bit of a composer myself Classical as well as Pop .I have learned that if it sounds good to your ear within the confines of your musical knowledge, then the chances are that it will sound good to the listener as well.Its like doing any task or assignement where you have done a bit of good research to the best of your ability .Dont worry too much about trying to impress anyboby with wiered sounding breakthroughs in music .For now stick to the normal normal tonal rules as you now best.Im sure thats all they want to hear at this stage.This all depends on the period style of music you are required to compose for of cause.

Working on it :biggrin2 Though, I'm not required to work on any specific style at the moment, this is just a review of my own personal work.
I'd say my style is similar to that of the impressionists, but with a bit more modern instrumental technique thrown in. I have trouble with the trying not to impress people thing though...sometimes I think I'm a bit of a neurotic perfectionist like Beethoven.

L.O.L who knows yours might be the next Fur Elise which every kid cant wait to play after their first attempts at the piano forte .

Back