Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Life as a Mod on the 123 forum

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Solo said:
You are welcome to ask the staff any and all questions as long as they are not of a derogatory manner and/or in which an action of the staff is publicly questioned.

With the spirit of that statement as my intent - are 'formal warning' on ones 'record' for life - or do they go away over time?

guibox said:
Vic and the Mods,

I fail to see why some of the well thought out posts that DID have to do with the original post were deleted due to being off the 'intentions of the OP' when MVersatile's 'Beatles' post above which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever and has absolutely nothing to do with the OP, remains.

Can you explain the logic here?

Posts were deleted up to and including the point at which attacks began to belittle the staff. No post remained after that point since posts addressing the insults would make no sense without the offensive post/s.

Mutz,
There are things taken into consideration that occur without the knowledge of the general membership. To explain the motives or logic of a particular staff action can border on nothing more than gossip. "Inquiring minds want to know" isn't a method used to lure people to the forum to learn dirty little secrets about someone or someone's behavior and the results thereof. Granted, not all actions may be considered as scuttle-butt but since those actions most likely concern people the explanation in public may very well induce others to voice their views becoming no more than hens cackling/clucking in the barnyard.
So PMs are suggested in view of this. But that doesn't guarantee one will receive the "latest and greatest" scuttle-butt that precipitated the action either. If someone attacks my person as a mod that doesn't mean I'm free to respond in like kind to a third party to justify or bolster my ego. And if what info is given is passed on to the offender to make the informer look special or something, as some people are apt to do, then things just get worse. So where is the dividing line between explanation and gossip? I don't know, it's a fine line and depends largely on the situation.

aLoneVoice said:
With the spirit of that statement as my intent - are 'formal warning' on ones 'record' for life - or do they go away over time?

Mostly depends on the occurances I think. If one continues on the same line with no intent to change that would figure more heavily than another offense of a differing nature. Usually people gather warnings in a relatively short time anyway due to the unwillingness to drop the issue. When protection of ego becomes the sole motive of reprisal it doesn't take long to accumulate more warnings. Seems some people must always get in the last word and that only serves to get them into more trouble. Pride is a very strong thing.

We've had people here that copy/paste garbage in huge amounts then disappear so fast they don't even open the PM containing the warning. 6 months down the road here they come again, dump their stuff and take off as quickly as they came. Another warning. Another 6 months goes by and here they come yet again. Same junk, same guy, same warning but this time around the gate gets locked.

If you're looking for a statute of limitations I don't know that there is any. We've had people here gather more than 3 warnings of a differing nature but they remained on the boards with no further action.
People ask for evidence of some sort of law book that contains all the hereto's and whereafter's on which a judgment is based. There isn't any except the TOS. If one abides by the TOS there will be no problems or reasons that one feels some need for regulations to govern the depth, extent and ramifications of a warning or to define parameters in which one can still operate under the same. Best advice I've got is don't go there in the first place.
:smt102

Thankyou PotLuck - I appreciate your explaination. My intent has never been to openly violate the TOS.

Thank you for taking the time to explain and provide insight. Gentle correcting can go a long way to not only bring back one into the fold but also to encourage and sustain.

Again, thank you.

aLoneVoice said:
Thankyou PotLuck - I appreciate your explaination. My intent has never been to openly violate the TOS.

Thank you for taking the time to explain and provide insight. Gentle correcting can go a long way to not only bring back one into the fold but also to encourage and sustain.

Again, thank you.

Well said - we need more of that. :biggrin

Below you will find ''part'' of the statement of faith of this forum. I have provided the link down below for those who would like to read it completely.....Now I find it interesting that those who complain, whine and cry about some of the mods also fall into the category of those who will oppose some or all of the statement of faith of this forum.....Some deny Jesus deity, of which I as a Mod am obligated to to defend the truth of who Jesus is...Jesus is God the second person of the triune Godhead.....Some deny hell is real and that once you die, you are annihilated....Well this is another falsehood and as a Mod, I am obligated to defend the truths of this forum....and of course what the bible teaches, that Hell is literal and a place of eternal torment......Then you have some open theist complaining and claiming that God does not even know the future....You have people who whine and cry and about keeping the ten commandments and if you don't keep them you will loose your salvation....That baptism is a requirement for being saved.....When the statement of faith for this forum sayd we are saved by Grace through faith ''alone''...., so when people start preaching faith + works = salvation...I will again defend the truth of what the bible teaches.....Salvation by grace through faith alone......Then you have those who ''claim'' to know Jesus and say he is God and say all the right things, then they turn and deny Jesus deity just to side with another poster who denies Jesus deity to ''keep the piece''....I am not like that....I will not sit back and say and do nothing.....Jesus said, if you deny me before man, I will deny you before the father''....Jesus also said, he did not come to bring peace, but a sword''......And so being a Mod on the 123 forum is not easy, but then when I get an encouraging PM or e mail...It's all worth it......But above everything else, I do it for Jesus......

We believe that the Bible is inspired by God in its entirety, and is without error in the original autographs, a complete and final written revelation from God.

We believe that there is only one God, who is eternal and immutable, and manifests Himself in three distinct Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

We believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the promised Messiah, born of a virgin, totally without sin, God in human flesh, the One Who died on the cross for our sins, was buried, rose again from the dead on the third day, and ascended to the right hand of the Father in heaven, where He now intercedes for us who believe in Him.

We believe that all humanity is lost and born with a sinful nature, and can only be saved by a personal faith in the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ, and not by any human merit or performance.

We believe in a personal devil, called Satan, who, along with all his angels, called demons or evil spirits, are destined to spend eternity in hell, and now seek to deceive the world, defeat the believers, and destroy the work of God, but can be resisted by believers, who are protected by God and the intercession of Jesus Christ our Lord.

We believe that heaven is a real place where the saved will dwell forever, and that hell is a literal place of torment where unbelievers will suffer forever.

We believe that genuine believers are born again by the Holy Spirit of God, and are indwelt, baptized into the body of Christ, the true church, and sealed by the Holy Spirit, and thus, unable to be separated from the love of Jesus Christ.

We believe that all believers need to be filled and empowered by the Holy Spirit to live a godly life and to be bold in our witness for the Lord.

We believe in the spiritual unity of all genuine believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.

To read the complete statement of faith...
http://www.christianforums.net/viewtopic.php?t=9219

Solo said:
Jay T,
This is a formal warning for your comments against the staff of this forum.

Please refrain from your negative posts.
I'm sorry, I forgot that freedom of speech is not permitted here ?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back