Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Looking for Jesus according to John

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
35)

Yah.weh = the God of the promise or of the promises!

Jesus Christ = Yeshua = Yah is salvation!

Christ = christos = mashiach/mah-shee-ahch = Messiah = anointed one!

- John 5:45:

Do not think

δοκεῖτε (dokeite)

Verb - Present Imperative Active - 2nd Person Plural

Strong's 1380: A prolonged form of a primary verb, doko dok'-o of the same meaning; to think; by implication, to seem.

that

ὅτι (hoti)

Conjunction

Strong's 3754: Neuter of hostis as conjunction; demonstrative, that; causative, because.

I

ἐγὼ (egō)

Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Nominative 1st Person Singular

Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

will accuse

κατηγορήσω (katēgorēsō)

Verb - Future Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular

Strong's 2723: To accuse, charge, prosecute. From kategoros; to be a plaintiff, i.e. To charge with some offence.

you

ὑμῶν (hymōn)

Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 2nd Person Plural

Strong's 4771: You. The person pronoun of the second person singular; thou.

before

πρὸς (pros)

Preposition

Strong's 4314: To, towards, with. A strengthened form of pro; a preposition of direction; forward to, i.e. Toward.

the

τὸν (ton)

Article - Accusative Masculine Singular

Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

Father.

Πατέρα (Patera)

Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular

Strong's 3962: Father, (Heavenly) Father, ancestor, elder, senior. Apparently a primary word; a 'father'.

• DO NOT THINK I WILL ACCUSE YOU BEFORE THE FATHER?

• CLEAR AS CRYSTAL!

36)

- John 6:28

Then

οὖν (oun)

Conjunction

Strong's 3767: Therefore, then. Apparently a primary word; certainly, or accordingly.

they inquired,

Εἶπον (Eipon)

Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Plural

Strong's 2036: Answer, bid, bring word, command. A primary verb; to speak or say.

“What

Τί (Ti)

Interrogative / Indefinite Pronoun - Accusative Neuter Singular

Strong's 5101: Who, which, what, why. Probably emphatic of tis; an interrogative pronoun, who, which or what.

must we do

ποιῶμεν (poiōmen)

Verb - Present Subjunctive Active - 1st Person Plural

Strong's 4160: (a) I make, manufacture, construct, (b) I do, act, cause. Apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary; to make or do.

to

ἵνα (hina)

Conjunction

Strong's 2443: In order that, so that. Probably from the same as the former part of heautou; in order that.

perform

ἐργαζώμεθα (ergazōmetha)

Verb - Present Subjunctive Middle or Passive - 1st Person Plural

Strong's 2038: To work, trade, perform, do, practice, commit, acquire by labor.

the

τὰ (ta)

Article - Accusative Neuter Plural

Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

works

ἔργα (erga)

Noun - Accusative Neuter Plural

Strong's 2041: From a primary ergo; toil; by implication, an act.

of God?”

Θεοῦ (Theou)

Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular

Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

- What must we do to perform the works of God?

- John 6:29

Jesus

Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous)

Noun - Nominative Masculine Singular

Strong's 2424: Of Hebrew origin; Jesus, the name of our Lord and two other Israelites.

replied,

Ἀπεκρίθη (Apekrithē)

Verb - Aorist Indicative Passive - 3rd Person Singular

Strong's 611: From apo and krino; to conclude for oneself, i.e. to respond; by Hebraism to begin to speak.

“The

τὸ (to)

Article - Nominative Neuter Singular

work

ἔργον (ergon)

Noun - Nominative Neuter Singular

Strong's 2041: From a primary ergo; toil; by implication, an act.

of God

Θεοῦ (Theou)

Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

is

ἐστιν (estin)

Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular

Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

this:

Τοῦτό (Touto)

Demonstrative Pronoun - Nominative Neuter Singular

Strong's 3778: This; he, she, it.

to

ἵνα (hina)

Conjunction

Strong's 2443: In order that, so that. Probably from the same as the former part of heautou; in order that.

believe

πιστεύητε (pisteuēte)

Verb - Present Subjunctive Active - 2nd Person Plural

Strong's 4100: From pistis; to have faith, i.e. Credit; by implication, to entrust.

in

εἰς (eis)

Preposition

Strong's 1519: A primary preposition; to or into, of place, time, or purpose; also in adverbial phrases.

the [One]

ὃν (hon)

Personal / Relative Pronoun - Accusative Masculine Singular

Strong's 3739: Who, which, what, that.

He

ἐκεῖνος (ekeinos)

Demonstrative Pronoun - Nominative Masculine Singular

Strong's 1565: That, that one there, yonder. From ekei; that one (neuter) thing); often intensified by the article prefixed.

has sent.”

ἀπέστειλεν (apesteilen)

Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular

Strong's 649: From apo and stello; set apart, i.e. to send out literally or figuratively.

• The work of God is this:
  • To believe the One he has sent!
  • Clear as Crystal!

37)

- John 6:32

Jesus

Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous)

Strong's 2424: Of Hebrew origin; Jesus, the name of our Lord and two other Israelites.

said

Εἶπεν (Eipen)

Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular

Strong's 2036: Answer, bid, bring word, command. A primary verb; to speak or say.

to them,

αὐτοῖς (autois)

Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 3rd Person Plural

Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

“Truly,

Ἀμὴν (Amēn)

Hebrew Word

Strong's 281: Of Hebrew origin; properly, firm, i.e. trustworthy; adverbially, surely.

truly,

ἀμὴν (amēn)

Hebrew Word

Strong's 281: Of Hebrew origin; properly, firm, i.e. trustworthy; adverbially, surely.

I tell

λέγω (legō)

Verb - Present Indicative Active - 1st Person Singular

Strong's 3004: (a) I say, speak; I mean, mention, tell, (b) I call, name, especially in the pass., (c) I tell, command.

you,

ὑμῖν (hymin)

Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 2nd Person Plural

[it was] not

οὐ (ou)

Adverb

Strong's 3756: No, not. Also ouk, and ouch a primary word; the absolute negative adverb; no or not.

Moses

Μωϋσῆς (Mōusēs)

Strong's 3475: Or Moses, or Mouses of Hebrew origin; Moseus, Moses, or Mouses, the Hebrew lawgiver.

[who] gave

δέδωκεν (dedōken)

Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular

Strong's 1325: To offer, give; I put, place. A prolonged form of a primary verb; to give.

you

ὑμῖν (hymin)

the

τὸν (ton)

bread

ἄρτον (arton)

Strong's 740: Bread, a loaf, food. From airo; bread or a loaf.

from

ἐκ (ek)

Preposition

Strong's 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.

heaven,

οὐρανοῦ (ouranou)

Strong's 3772: Perhaps from the same as oros; the sky; by extension, heaven; by implication, happiness, power, eternity; specially, the Gospel.

but [it is]

ἀλλ’ (all’)

Conjunction

Strong's 235: But, except, however. Neuter plural of allos; properly, other things, i.e. contrariwise.

My

μου (mou)

Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive 1st Person Singular

Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

Father

Πατήρ (Patēr)

Strong's 3962: Father, (Heavenly) Father, ancestor, elder, senior. Apparently a primary word; a 'father'.

[who] gives

δίδωσιν (didōsin)

Strong's 1325: To offer, give; I put, place. A prolonged form of a primary verb; to give.

you

ὑμῖν (hymin)

the

τὸν (ton)

TRUE

ἀληθινόν (alēthinon)

Adjective - Accusative Masculine Singular

Strong's 228: True (lit: made of truth), real, genuine. From alethes; truthful.

bread

ἄρτον (arton)

from

ἐκ (ek)

Preposition

Strong's 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.

heaven.

οὐρανοῦ (ouranou)

Strong's 3772: Perhaps from the same as oros; the sky; by extension, heaven; by implication, happiness, power, eternity; specially, the Gospel.

- My Father gives you the true bread from heaven!

- John 6:33

For

γὰρ (gar)

Conjunction

Strong's 1063: For. A primary particle; properly, assigning a reason.

the

ὁ (ho)

Article - Nominative Masculine Singular

bread

ἄρτος (artos)

of God

Θεοῦ (Theou)

is

ἐστιν (estin)

Strong's 1510: I am, exist. The first person singular present indicative; a prolonged form of a primary and defective verb; I exist.

He who

ὁ (ho)

comes down

καταβαίνων (katabainōn)

Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular

Strong's 2597: To go down, come down, either from the sky or from higher land, descend. From kata and the base of basis; to descend.

from

ἐκ (ek)

Preposition

heaven

οὐρανοῦ (ouranou)

and

καὶ (kai)

Conjunction

Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

gives

διδοὺς (didous)

Verb - Present Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular

life

ζωὴν (zōēn)

Noun - Accusative Feminine Singular

Strong's 2222: Life, both of physical (present) and of spiritual (particularly future) existence. From zao; life.

to the

τῷ (tō)

Article - Dative Masculine Singular

world.”

κόσμῳ (kosmō)

Noun - Dative Masculine Singular

Strong's 2889: Probably from the base of komizo; orderly arrangement, i.e. Decoration; by implication, the world (morally).

• The bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world!
  • Clear as crystal!

38)

- In John 6:35, Jesus himself says he is the bread of life!

- In John 6:37 he adds:

Everyone

Πᾶν (Pan)

Adjective - Nominative Neuter Singular

Strong's 3956: All, the whole, every kind of. Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole.

the

ὁ (ho)

Father

Πατὴρ (Patēr)

gives

δίδωσίν (didōsin)

Me

μοι (moi)

Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 1st Person Singular

will come

ἥξει (hēxei)

Verb - Future Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular

Strong's 2240: To have come, be present, have arrived. A primary verb; to arrive, i.e. Be present.

to

πρὸς (pros)

Preposition

Strong's 4314: To, towards, with. A strengthened form of pro; a preposition of direction; forward to, i.e. Toward.

Me,

ἐμὲ (eme)

Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative 1st Person Singular

and

καὶ (kai)

Conjunction

Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

the [one who]

τὸν (ton)

comes

ἐρχόμενον (erchomenon)

Verb - Present Participle Middle or Passive - Accusative Masculine Singular

Strong's 2064: To come, go.

to

πρός (pros)

Preposition

Me

με (me)

Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative 1st Person Singular

I will never drive

ἐκβάλω (ekbalō)

Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Active - 1st Person Singular

Strong's 1544: To throw (cast, put) out; I banish; I bring forth, produce. From ek and ballo; to eject.

away.

ἔξω (exō)

Adverb

Strong's 1854: Without, outside. Adverb from ek; out(-side, of doors), literally or figuratively.

• First, the Father gives Jesus those who
  • Second, will come to him!
  • Third, and he won’t drive them away!
  • Do you understand the different steps!
  • Clear as crystal!

Back