Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Lot and the Carnal Christian

lesjude

Lot and the Carnal Christian

Lot's servants were slaves and Lot chose not to control them and separated from Abram. He is responsible. So in doing this he created the separation from God's plan. His life went down hill from there. Carnal Christians have a tendency to be on the ragged edge of grace and often refuse God's perfect plan for their lives. Genesis 13:5-18.
Note Abraham received the promise AFTER Lot left.

Genesis 19:1 Lot sat in the gate which indicates being part of the city government. Carnal Christians are often involved in the unholy arena of partisan politics. No one can do these things and not compromise or violate Romans 13:7.
He offered his daughters unnecessarily for carnality much as Christians offer their children to the government for its wars and other carnal purposes. Genesis 19:8

Genesis 19:9 He had no power to change anything in Sodom because he thought and lived much like they did. All he could do was criticize them and get 'involved' in the government/economy to try and bring change. Sound familiar? lawsuits, ugly partisan politics to put 'Christians' in office, getting ugly over issues like prayer in schools and evolution in PUBLIC schools. Lot was resented and hated for the wrong reasons just like many Christians today. Doing what Jesus commands in Mark 16:17-18 is the Bible alternative. It will get one hated for the right reasons.

Genesis 19:14 and 26 He gave his daughters to unbelievers who were scoffers, and did not even have enough spirituality to save his own wife. Christian parents are responsible to see to that their children marry mates who are in Jesus. Carnal parents allow the dating game just like the world with predictable carnal results.

He was fearful and rebellious when God gave him direction to escape and did not stay in the place of refuge. Genesis 19:15-30

He did not even consider humbling himself and returning to Abraham, but chose to live in a cave (denomination) instead.

It only gets WORSE! He did not guard his daughters and nurture them in the ways of truth and as a result all they saw was hopelessness (legalism). The result was ugly. Genesis 19:31-38

There is no evidence in the Bible Lot ever repented.

His 'fruit' was two tribes that became sworn enemies of God's people and God's plan until this day. The demon spirits that drove them are still at work trying to destroy true Christianity today, doing through carnal Christians ALL the same things that Lot did to 'change' Sodom and distract the church form doing what Jesus commands the way He says to do it. Mark 16:17-18 and Matthew 10:7-8
Now that is bad fruit that just keeps on giving!

Lot is a type of 1 Cor. 3:14-15 Christian. See also Rev 20:15 with the context of Rev 20:4-15.
God says Lot is righteous! 2 Peter 2:7.

The point is no one can say to a professing Christian that is living a carnal life they are not saved. What can be said is the Bible gives no guarantee to a person that lives as close to sin or in sin as they feel they may. The question can be asked, Do you want to role the dice and try for 1 Corinthians 3:14-15?

I like all the points you make here.

I've never seen it this way before.

You are always full of surprises!

I like all the points you make here.

I've never seen it this way before.

You are always full of surprises!
When the Lord showed me this I was amazed. I no longer see any professing Christian as unsaved who claims salvation on the basis of Ephesians 2:8-10 and Romans 10:9-10.
Here is more about Lot:
Genesis 19:29

New King James Version (NKJV)

29 And it came to pass, when God destroyed the cities of the plain, that God remembered Abraham, and sent Lot out of the midst of the overthrow, when He overthrew the cities in which Lot had dwelt.
God honors believing intercession for the salvation/deliverance of family members on the basis of the above and Acts 16:31. Both sides of our family have been saved on this basis and we are now believing for extended family and those by marriage. There is no reason the devil should have any of them.

Back