Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"Making Prayer Matter"

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
W

WhiteWarrior

"Making Prayer Matter"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prayer-a spiritual communion with God or an object of worship, as in supplication, thanksgiving, adoration, or confession

Surveys show the average Christian prays 15 to 30 minutes a week. ... Often, the simple task of praying only 15 minutes a day seems almost impossible! ... This is off of http://www.biblehelp.org/unsung.htm

When I heard this I just couldn't believe it! This is bad very bad!! Well I am here to dispell all the rumors and get rid of the hysteria so please head my words folks.

To start I will use my own prayer life for example when I first became a
born-again I prayed maybe less than 15 minutes a day like the survey says. I didn't really know what to pray about and in what formula. my prayer life was rather simple.

Since I came through the trials in my faith I have discovered a lot of crucial elements of my spiritual well-being. The one I am going to discuss today is the subject of "prayer" and what makes it matter

Thankfully for me while studying and experiencing the Jewish Faith I realized HOW important and awesome prayer really is! Most Jews consider Prayer the Essence of Life the essence of Life! I don't think they are wrong.

Unfortuantely for the Jews they pray out of a Saddur(?) which is a book of prayers. They just repeat them word for word but is this the right
way to pray? The jews are right about prayer being
the essence of life but praying from a book? This may not be biblical let's take a look at the Word.

Matthew 6:7
7And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

Psalm 76:11
11 Make vows to the LORD your God and fulfill them;
let all the neighboring lands
bring gifts to the One to be feared

Proverbs 28:9
9 If anyone turns a deaf ear to the law,
even his prayers are detestable.

Job 21:15
15 Who is the Almighty, that we should serve him?
What would we gain by praying to him?'

Job 42:10
10 After Job had prayed for his friends, the LORD made him prosperous again and gave him twice as much as he had before.
(Even after his friends criticized him)

Psalm 6:9
9 The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer.
(meaning that God can reject prayer)

Psalm 109:4
4 In return for my friendship they accuse me,
but I am a man of prayer.

Daniel 9:4
I prayed to the LORD my God and confessed: "O Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps his covenant of love with all who love him and obey his commands, 5 we have sinned and done wrong. We have been wicked and have rebelled; we have turned away from your commands and laws.

Matthew 5:44
44But I tell you: Love your enemies[a] and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Matthew 6:6
6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
(Indicates who we pray to our Father)

Matthew 21:22
22If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

Mark 11:24
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. 25And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."[a]

Luke 6:28
28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Luke 22:44
And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.

1 Samuel 1:13
13 Hannah was praying in her heart, and her lips were moving but her voice was not heard. Eli thought she was drunk

Matthew 26:41
41"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

Genesis 13:3-4
3 From the Negev he went from place to place until he came to Bethel, to the place between Bethel and Ai where his tent had been earlier 4 and where he had first built an altar. There Abram called on the name of the LORD.

So in summary there is a right way to pray and a wrong way. here is a rundown of what we should pray and how we should pray

::We should pray from the heart not with our head(with many meaningless words)
::tongueray for friends, enemies, ourselves
::tongueray in times of trouble and prosperity
::tongueray in secret and in public
::tongueray to confess
::Make vows in Prayer
::tongueray to the Father and in the Name of the Son
::Call on the Lord by Name(YHWH)
::tongueray earnestly and humbly
::tongueray for not things of this world(Heaven)
Prayers can be rejected or accepted. Prayers can be unhead and head by the Lord. Prayers can be unanswered and answered. Prayer heals and prayer forgives prayer grants forgiveness and prayer gives grace. With our prayers we pray to the Holy God who when pray in his will he hears us.

James 5:15
15And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven

Matthew 26:42
42He went away a second time and prayed, "My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done."

So in summary and conclusion Pray is widely emphasised in the Bible and it IS the essence of Life. When I was into a life full of sin I prayer maybe once a year. When I came to the Lord I prayed more often but maybe 10 minutes a day.

The Lord has really improved my Prayer life I have discovered the power of praying when my Mom just said the word "prayer" And I was like whoa! So awestruck at how useful it is! I used to think I have to cast the dark spirits out by using the Savior's name but sometimes I am paralyzed so I can't speak so I then realized as soon as I pray they are immediately gone and I realize the importance of it's significance.

Now My prayer life is incredible! God has answered over 20 prayers and counting! He is on a hot streak he has answered some amazing prayers and some of my prayers are out of this world! Me and God have an amazing relationship. He is so sweet and mighty. I encourage you to pray with all your heart because when I do that God reveals some astounding mysteries about my own life. He is so dear to me. Please pray. There is no time requirement but what is a man of prayer? Woulnd't he Be a man who loves to pray and prays like no tomorrow? Prayer should really be a huge part of our faith in the Almighty. Have you prayed today?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prayer is the lifeblood of our relationship with God. I call it communion also because that's what we're doing, communicating with Him. If we are going to have the life God intended for us to have in Him we have to obey his word and give Him more than just a little of our time every day. This is where the peace, joy, and favor is!
If we don't spend time with God as we should then we will take on the same characteristics as the world, and lose out on the spiritually abundant life God wants us to have. We have a choice to dwell in the outer courts, just getting by, or come into the inner court and find true life.

Back