Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Me and the Family...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

handy

My brother-in-law and his wife were up from Arizona the other day and we had a picturefest at the house in town before they left. Here is one of Steve, Viola, Tom and me.

View attachment 2640

Wonderful family photo, Handy!

Your kids are quite photogenic....and most attractive :yes

Thanks for sharing the moment with all of us!

Thank you, Air Dancer....

I can't believe how big the kids are getting. Since I'm so used to being so short, I didn't realize just how tall they were. Viola is the same height as Steve and Tom (who is only 12) is just about ready to pass both of them up. He is even taller than he looks in the picture, because he's sort of slouching. He's 12 and he has size 15 shoes... He's eating everything in sight and getting sort of chubby... if all goes as the last few times he's done this, he should shoot up a few inches all at once. When that happens, he'll be taller than all of us.

I agree with you that your son is getting ready to grow taller soon ... my kids did the same thing: put on a bit of weight before another growth spurt. And now I get to watch the same process happen to my 2 grandchildren.

My son's best friend grew to be almost 7 foot tall.... I remember the problems his parents had in finding shoes that fit properly for him. With Tom being only 12, and still growing, I can only imagine what you go through in finding clothes & shoes that fit... oy!

Hope you get copies made of the picture.... it's a great picture, one that your kids will appreciate in years to come

Lovely family, clearly happy and comfortable with each other. Wish all families were like that.

And yes, I know every family has times when they aren't all happy with each other. Teens can be a test of your serenity.

I agree with you that your son is getting ready to grow taller soon ... my kids did the same thing: put on a bit of weight before another growth spurt.
I've put on weight before growth spurts too but for some reason the growing wasn't always as reliable. :eeeekkk

Nice photo Handy.

LOL I know what you mean... I stopped my "height" growth spurts in 6th grade... my "width" spurts!?! hmmmm ;)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back