Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs Messing around with parts...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Barbarian

I was tearing down an old digital camera, and I found this little plastic lens in the pentaprism housing. It looked about the right power for the camera on my digital phone, so I taped it in place and tried it out:
14055737882_8d6d5fc749_c.jpg

Not bad for a hand-held shot in poor lighting.

I went and looked them up. I'm going to see if I can duplicate that result. I'm a bit uncertain, since most lenses are basically sections of a sphere, and these gel lenses are parabolic. Aspheric lenses are notoriously hard to get right. I'm rebuilding a pantry right now, but when that's done, I'll see what I can do. Sounds fascinating. I'll need to get a nice secure frame to hold the phone for that kind of magnification. I've got an old steel frame for a projection microscope that might do the trick.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back