Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is our answer in times of need.

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

[__ Prayer __] Missionaries are always in need of prayer . Here's how you can pray .

hawkman

Pentecostal
Staff member
Missionaries are always suffering. Here's how you can pray

Clip from article , please go read whole article :pray .

There are two types of missionaries in our world today — both equally valued and needed for the advancement of the Great Commission.

When we hear the term "missions," we often envision Westerners going on short-term mission trips to underprivileged nations. These servant-hearted individuals have taken a bold step in their faith, traveling to a foreign place for the sake of the Gospel. But what about those who are already immersed in a specific region or culture who have been called to share the Good News?

To me missionaries are not people who go for a few weeks/months, but those who commit to staying for several years. The short term trial trips are useful for projects and giving people a taste, unfortunately they are often seen as an exotic holiday.

How to pray for missionaries?
1st. Get to know them, take their prayer letters, write/email them, remember birthdays etc.
Then you will know about the issues they face, something of their needs.
2nd. Attend the missionary prayer meetings at church, be involved in supporting your missionaries, financially, emotionally with regular correspondence, and spiritually by praying regularly for them and for the needs you know about as well as for what you see are needed.

Prayer has to be intelligent, based on known needs, both physical, emotional and spiritual.
That knowledge can only come through being involved with your missionaries.

To me missionaries are not people who go for a few weeks/months, but those who commit to staying for several years. The short term trial trips are useful for projects and giving people a taste, unfortunately they are often seen as an exotic holiday.

How to pray for missionaries?
1st. Get to know them, take their prayer letters, write/email them, remember birthdays etc.
Then you will know about the issues they face, something of their needs.
2nd. Attend the missionary prayer meetings at church, be involved in supporting your missionaries, financially, emotionally with regular correspondence, and spiritually by praying regularly for them and for the needs you know about as well as for what you see are needed.

Prayer has to be intelligent, based on known needs, both physical, emotional and spiritual.
That knowledge can only come through being involved with your missionaries.
Dear Heavenly Father please touch and minister to the missionaries Who Me is speaking of , provide their needs and the needs that we don't know of so they can carry on Your work in the mission field , in Jesus's Name we pray , Amen .

Back