Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Mother Nature?

Watching the Rose Bowl Parade this morning, I was amazed to see a float titled "Mother Nature". A figure of a woman, decked out in a gown with a garland of butterflies on her head. This float released doves ~ to promote world peace.

For those of you too young to remember:
Mother Nature was a fictional character that was created in the 1960's to sell margarine. She was unable to tell the difference between margarine and butter, became angry, proclaiming "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature." She would then wave her hand in the air in a witch-like manner, and there would be thunder and a flash of lightening.

The character soon became popular in weather reports, and any news reports having to do with some environmental story.

Is she an idol? How do you believe God feels about this character?

I was watching an segment last night on the history channel titled the last days. They talked about global warming being the worst thing that could happen in the world. The question that arises in my mind, is are we to trust ourselves to take care of this problem, or are we to put our trust in God? I believe the latter. Some seem to think we can control the weather, but I believe God is in Control of Mother Nature. We shouldn't be worshiping the earth, but we should be praising and worshiping the one True God. We should be praying to God like never before. Are we in the last days? I believe we are. We are experiencing birth pains and the pains are getting closer in intensity. But, if one thinks what is now happening is bad, it is nothing compared with the Tribulation of seven years. It's like a walk in the park in comparrison what is soon coming. The good news is that Born Again Christians will not be here during the seven year Tribulation. We will be with God in heaven. We will serve the King of kings, and Lord of lords. Therefore, I trust God and am not going to lose my peace when it seems Mother Nature is doing us wrong.

May God bless, Golfjack

Re: reply

golfjack said:
.... Therefore, I trust God and am not going to lose my peace when it seems Mother Nature is doing us wrong...

Howdy golfjack,

Do you believe that Mother Nature has become a sort of pagan goddess?

I remember many years ago, someone involved in the Suncoast Offshore Races (speedboats) actually offered a public prayer to Mother Nature, requesting good weather.

Hi Gabby, How is our Hillbilly doing? Run into any critters today?

I think idolatry started after the flood, and in Babylon. Nimrod, the son of Shem was involved in idiolatry when they built the tower of Bael. It's amazing that we still see it today. Even some churches worship statues and dead people. For sure, God is a jealous God, and will not put up with it for very long. God does love, but the other side of God is His Wrath poured out on people who don't worship Him. We are just seeing a little of that today, but it will be horendous some day soon.

See ya all in heaven some day. Golfjack

Back