Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[__ Prayer __] my attitude

jasonc

Presbyterian
twice I have been rather gruff. today I took a person the wrong way. she was joking with me at the meter room door and didn't have a uniform on and I took her statement the wrong way. I don't take kind to citizens being noisy when its obvious what Im doing with my stuff in hand.

I hear ya! Happens to the best of us. When it happens I try to apologize to the person or if that's not possible I ask for forgiveness from on high. I know how you feel, I take emergency calls for a living. Very difficult at times to not get swept into the job emotionally. However I thank God for every opportunity to get better, stronger, and more humble in the Lord.

twice I have been rather gruff. today I took a person the wrong way. she was joking with me at the meter room door and didn't have a uniform on and I took her statement the wrong way. I don't take kind to citizens being noisy when its obvious what Im doing with my stuff in hand.
If someone was in the meter room of a building and they are not in uniform, I'd be asking what they are doing there or calling the police to check out what they were doing there. We live in a dangerous world.

Hi, That is the nature of Adam.....we all have it. But when we have The Spirit of Christ, and all born again believers have His Spirit, it causes us to reflect on those things that were not compatible with the new man in us that day, and even sometimes at that moment when Adam (the old man or flesh) comes out in us. But the new man becomes grieved of the those things that did not feel right with the fellowship we have with the Lord. Then we through grace pray about it to the Lord admitting our weaknesses and by His Grace He comforts us for we have judged ourselves and rightly by the Spirit of His Grace....and usually make peace with the other person. Anyway, that is my experience.

In Christ
Douglas Summers

If someone was in the meter room of a building and they are not in uniform, I'd be asking what they are doing there or calling the police to check out what they were doing there. We live in a dangerous world.
yes I get that but I was in uniform. sometimes the maintiance crew has no uniforms. she didn't but she had keys to the meter room. a ton of keys. some of them I know as I have done the sea oak -big condo route.

the one where I took the pics of also don't have uniformed maintance persons, yet I know their faces.even joked about one of the key code boxes.it wasn't loud enough for me.lol

Hey Jason

Like Rob said, it happens with the best of us. Had a similar incident last week Monday, experienced a hectic two days, and finally for no reason snapped it at some poor guy at the general dealer who only wanted to help me out with a few stuff carrying around out of the shop. I flipped my lid towards him. Felt pretty horrible but strangely stubborn at that moment and the rest of the day. Now on Tuesday I usually have my church group in the evenings and interestingly the topic of discussion that evening were about examples in the Bible where someone(in this case Jesus was used as an example on the evening before he got crucified) had to get out of their comfort zone. I immediately felt God spoke to me, as He said to me I should get out of my comfort zone as well. You know what I did? As tough as it was for me as I had to swallow my pride, I went to that same general dealer the next day, and the guy I were rude to, were there again. I decided to buy him a coffee and speak to him for about 20 minutes, and apologizing for my bad behaviour two days before. The conversation eventually went very well, and I felt God blessed me during the rest of my week for doing that.

:D

Just twice in a day is doing pretty good in my book. I sometimes rack up more than twice.

Back