Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

My ex is a Mormon does hebrews 6: 4-6 apply to him?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Bryony

my ex boyfriend recently got in contact with me and claims he's going to get baptized by Mormon sisters. I've done my research on Latter-Day Saints on Google and it sounds insane.
I'm absolutely terrified for my ex because he came from a Christian background but wasn't born again.
He never believed Jesus is God, and suffered like me from Paranoid Schizophrenia (or rather demons).
I am not yet born again but I love Jesus and have been involved for 6 years and have read most of the Bible. I won't go into my experiences with God and why I haven't come to faith yet but all I can say is the Holy Spirit is with me and Jesus is guiding me. I nearly came to faith twice.
Now because I believe Jesus is God and my ex doesn't and never did, and because he came from a Christian background has he fallen away?
If he has should I be worried about his eternal destiny?
please help

my ex boyfriend recently got in contact with me and claims he's going to get baptized by Mormon sisters. I've done my research on Latter-Day Saints on Google and it sounds insane.

Well, Mormonism is certainly a cult.

I'm absolutely terrified for my ex because he came from a Christian background but wasn't born again.

There's little point in being terrified. It won't change anything for the better, but it will make you feel terrible. Put your ex in God's hands and leave him there. If God can't keep your ex from harm, no one can. And no one cares more for your ex than God does. So, you can rest easy, knowing God has both the power and desire to rescue your ex from the Mormon cult. Of course, God isn't ever going to force anyone to follow His will. But the instant your ex wants to walk God's way, he'll find God right at his elbow, ready to receive him.

He never believed Jesus is God, and suffered like me from Paranoid Schizophrenia (or rather demons).

You can't walk apart from the Ground of All Reality and Truth, who is God, and not walk in darkness and delusion. All Light and Truth arise from God so to reject Him is to reject these things. What remains when Light and Truth are thrown off? Only darkness and falsehood.

I am not yet born again but I love Jesus and have been involved for 6 years and have read most of the Bible. I won't go into my experiences with God and why I haven't come to faith yet but all I can say is the Holy Spirit is with me and Jesus is guiding me. I nearly came to faith twice.

I don't know what any of this means. Do you? What do you think it is to be "born again"? What do you mean by "come to faith"?

The Holy Spirit dwells only with those who've trusted in Christ as their Savior and yielded to him as their Lord. And Jesus has nothing to do with those who know what he has done for them on the cross of Calvary and still refuse him.

Hebrews 10:26-31
26 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES.
28 Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?
30 For we know Him who said, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY." And again, "THE LORD WILL JUDGE HIS PEOPLE."
31 It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Every person who has heard the Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ and spurned it is "sinning wilfully." They have rejected God's gift of redemption and are continuing in self-will, rebellion toward God, and sin. Those who do this "trample underfoot the Son of God," they "regard as unclean the blood of the covenant," shed for them from the body of Jesus in atonement for their rebellion and sin, and they "insult the Spirit of grace," who is the Holy Spirit. This is an extremely dire situation in which to be! "Vengeance is mine, I will repay" God says to those who have cast away his gift of salvation, obtained at terrible cost to His Son, for those who don't deserve His mercy and grace.

God loves you dearly, but if you reject His love and grace offered to you in Jesus, only His wrath is left.

John 3:36
36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

If he has should I be worried about his eternal destiny?

Should you not be worried about your own eternal destiny? I think so. Certainly, God says in His word that you should be. And you will only be of help to your ex spiritually if you are one of God's children. In your present condition, you are in open rebellion toward God, having "insulted the Spirit of grace," and so God opposes you and His wrath abides on you. Thankfully, this is a simple thing to fix:

Romans 10:9-10
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.

Hey All,
Mormons are polytheistic.
They believe that Jesus became God rather than was God.
They also believe that all Mormons will become gods like Jesus did.
Mormons believe that after Jesus died, Jesus went to the Americas to visit with His people.
Mormons are not Christians.
Their Jesus is not the eternal Son of God, and a person within the Trinity.
Your ex is getting in with the wrong crowd.
Don't get me wrong, Mormons are nice people; who are nicely following a lie.

Now as to you Bryony, what is stopping you from fully committing your life to Jesus?

Is there anything you need help with in finalizing your conversion?

Are you still hoping to get back with your ex?

Because this seems like TMI for exes to be so involved after a breakup.

Why would he contact you about his personal life if you are no longer involved with it?

Is he looking for help in getting out of the Mormons?

I am just having a hard time with why he would care about what an ex thinks.

Keep walking everybody
May God bless,
Taz

Hey All,
Mormons are polytheistic.
They believe that Jesus became God rather than was God.
They also believe that all Mormons will become gods like Jesus did.
Mormons believe that after Jesus died, Jesus went to the Americas to visit with His people.
Mormons are not Christians.
Their Jesus is not the eternal Son of God, and a person within the Trinity.
Your ex is getting in with the wrong crowd.
Don't get me wrong, Mormons are nice people; who are nicely following a lie.

Now as to you Bryony, what is stopping you from fully committing your life to Jesus?

Is there anything you need help with in finalizing your conversion?

Are you still hoping to get back with your ex?

Because this seems like TMI for exes to be so involved after a breakup.

Why would he contact you about his personal life if you are no longer involved with it?

Is he looking for help in getting out of the Mormons?

I am just having a hard time with why he would care about what an ex thinks.

Keep walking everybody
May God bless,
Taz
hi there. First of all to reply to your post and the other post I am not in open rebellion. I repented two years and four months ago but didn't come to faith because I was attacked by demons and had a psychotic breakdown which led to a suicide attempt. I am tired of people saying I am under God's wrath when I can feel the Holy Spirit's presence and it's one of love only. I love Jesus and have seen him in the spirit. Christians sure can be arrogant.

Well, Mormonism is certainly a cult.

There's little point in being terrified. It won't change anything for the better, but it will make you feel terrible. Put your ex in God's hands and leave him there. If God can't keep your ex from harm, no one can. And no one cares more for your ex than God does. So, you can rest easy, knowing God has both the power and desire to rescue your ex from the Mormon cult. Of course, God isn't ever going to force anyone to follow His will. But the instant your ex wants to walk God's way, he'll find God right at his elbow, ready to receive him.

You can't walk apart from the Ground of All Reality and Truth, who is God, and not walk in darkness and delusion. All Light and Truth arise from God so to reject Him is to reject these things. What remains when Light and Truth are thrown off? Only darkness and falsehood.

I don't know what any of this means. Do you? What do you think it is to be "born again"? What do you mean by "come to faith"?

The Holy Spirit dwells only with those who've trusted in Christ as their Savior and yielded to him as their Lord. And Jesus has nothing to do with those who know what he has done for them on the cross of Calvary and still refuse him.

Hebrews 10:26-31
26 For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
27 but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES.
28 Anyone who has set aside the Law of Moses dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
29 How much severer punishment do you think he will deserve who has trampled under foot the Son of God, and has regarded as unclean the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?
30 For we know Him who said, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY." And again, "THE LORD WILL JUDGE HIS PEOPLE."
31 It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Every person who has heard the Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ and spurned it is "sinning wilfully." They have rejected God's gift of redemption and are continuing in self-will, rebellion toward God, and sin. Those who do this "trample underfoot the Son of God," they "regard as unclean the blood of the covenant," shed for them from the body of Jesus in atonement for their rebellion and sin, and they "insult the Spirit of grace," who is the Holy Spirit. This is an extremely dire situation in which to be! "Vengeance is mine, I will repay" God says to those who have cast away his gift of salvation, obtained at terrible cost to His Son, for those who don't deserve His mercy and grace.

God loves you dearly, but if you reject His love and grace offered to you in Jesus, only His wrath is left.

36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."

Should you not be worried about your own eternal destiny? I think so. Certainly, God says in His word that you should be. And you will only be of help to your ex spiritually if you are one of God's children. In your present condition, you are in open rebellion toward God, having "insulted the Spirit of grace," and so God opposes you and His wrath abides on you. Thankfully, this is a simple thing to fix:

9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
you sure do paint a picture of condemnation when I am not under it. I feel the Holy Spirit's presence daily and have done for two years and four months and it's one of love. I repented two years and four months ago but didn't come to faith because I had a psychotic breakdown due to demons and I didn't understand the gospel or salvation fully and said in my head when I saw Jesus in the spirit "I better get this right, this is a salvation event" so was striving. Jesus knows me better than a condemning Christian. This demonic breakdown which included hallucinations threat of sacrifice and voices led to a suicide attempt. Therefore I am afraid of salvation. But everyday I ask Jesus to hurry up and save me but I don't feel convicted. I have read nearly the whole Bible for a year and I already know how you get saved thanks. Maybe you need to ask questions before judging.

you sure do paint a picture of condemnation when I am not under it.

It is a fearful thing to stand under the wrath of God Almighty! Though we may think to play games with Him, He isn't playing games with us. This is what God's word says, not merely what I say.

36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.

Romans 2:4-5
4 Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God’s kindness is meant to lead you to repentance?
5 But because of your hard and impenitent heart you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed.

I would be a cruel and unloving person, thinking you are in danger of eternal hell but saying nothing to you about this danger.

But no one has to be in jeopardy of eternal hell. God has made a way through Jesus for all who will be reconciled to Himself to be so. Good News, eh?

Romans 5:6-11
6 For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—
8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
9 Since, therefore, we have now been justified by his blood, much more shall we be saved by him from the wrath of God.
10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, now that we are reconciled, shall we be saved by his life.
11 More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.

2 Corinthians 5:20-21
20 ...We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.
21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

I feel the Holy Spirit's presence daily and have done for two years and four months and it's one of love.

I don't know what this means. What does "feel the presence of the Holy Spirit" mean? What do you mean the feeling you have of his presence is one of love?

The Bible is crystal clear that only those who have been "born-again" by the Holy Spirit, who have been made his "temple," his dwelling place, enjoy his life and power within them. All others are still in their sin and under the wrathful judgment of their holy Maker, whatever they might feel.

Romans 8:9
9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

1 John 4:13
13 By this we know that we abide in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,
20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

Titus 3:4-6
4 But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared,
5 he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,
6 whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior,

The Holy Spirit is poured out on lost people richly through Jesus Christ our Savior. Have you trusted, then, in Jesus as your Savior and submitted to him as your Lord? If not, whatever you may feel, the plain truth of God's word is that you don't have the Holy Spirit dwelling with you and so you are still lost in your sin and headed for an eternity in hell. I'm pointing this out, not because I want to condemn you, but because I believe God's word which says you can't afford to get this stuff wrong! My desire is to keep you from God's wrath, not sneer or point a finger at you.

I repented two years and four months ago but didn't come to faith because I had a psychotic breakdown due to demons and I didn't understand the gospel or salvation fully and said in my head when I saw Jesus in the spirit "I better get this right, this is a salvation event" so was striving.

Luke 13:23-24
23 And someone said to Him, "Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?" And He said to them,
24 "Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

"Striving" to enter through the Narrow Door, who is Jesus (John 10:9), is not about "getting it right," it's not about having enough faith, or sufficient sincerity, or a life that deserves salvation, but about pursuing salvation like one who is competing for a great prize. "Striving" for salvation means to go after it like a pirate goes after a vast treasure of gold, or an Olympic athlete goes after the gold medal, or a man dying of thirst in the desert goes after the oasis he sees in the distance. Jesus described it this way:

Matthew 13:45-47
45 “Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls,
46 who, on finding one pearl of great value, went and sold all that he had and bought it.

Is this you? Have you desired to enter through the Narrow Door - Jesus Christ - into God's family and kingdom like the man who desired the "pearl of great price" so much that he sold all he had to obtain it?

Jesus knows me better than a condemning Christian.

Yes, he does. Do you know him, though? As your Savior and Lord, I mean.

This demonic breakdown which included hallucinations threat of sacrifice and voices led to a suicide attempt. Therefore I am afraid of salvation.

There is only one state in which you can successfully resist the devil:

James 4:6-10
6 ...“God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

When you have yielded yourself a "living sacrifice" to God (Romans 12:1), when you've consciously, explicitly put your self under the Holy Spirit's control and continue to do so throughout each day, THEN you can resist the devil and he WILL flee from you. See also: 1 Peter 5:6-10.

What does it look like to submit to God? The apostle James explained:

8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you...

What is it to "draw near to God"?

...Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
9 Be wretched and mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.
10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.

When you've submitted yourself to God and have drawn near to Him having "cleansed your hands of sin" and "purified your heart of double-mindedness" (2 Corinthians 6:14-18; 1 John 1:9), humbling yourself before God in godly sorrow over your rebellion and sin, the devil and all his demons together cannot overcome you. This is so because the one who has drawn near to God as the apostle James described, is indwelt and filled with the Holy Spirit who cannot be overcome by any demonic power.

But everyday I ask Jesus to hurry up and save me but I don't feel convicted.

The conviction of the Holy Spirit is not a feeling but an awareness, a certain knowledge, of "sin, righteousness and judgment" (John 16:8) that moves a person toward God in repentance, love and surrender.

I have read nearly the whole Bible for a year and I already know how you get saved thanks.

If I was confident that you did, I wouldn't have written what I did. But, if you are entirely familiar with all I've written, that's great! My purpose in writing was to do all I could to make sure you knew the way to escape God's condemnation and wrath and enjoy life with Him.

Maybe you need to ask questions before judging.

Well, this is a two-way street, isn't it? Aren't you making assumptions about my motives and attitude, accusing me of judging and condemning you, when you haven't asked me what my motives and attitude actually are?

Anyway, my posts are of the "If the shoe fits, wear it" kind. They kind of have to be since I know next-to-nothing about you. And so, if my posts "fit" your circumstance, I hope you'll "try them on"; if they don't, just move on to "shoes" of advice that better fit your situation.

Last edited:
hi there. First of all to reply to your post and the other post I am not in open rebellion. I repented two years and four months ago but didn't come to faith because I was attacked by demons and had a psychotic breakdown which led to a suicide attempt. I am tired of people saying I am under God's wrath when I can feel the Holy Spirit's presence and it's one of love only. I love Jesus and have seen him in the spirit. Christians sure can be arrogant.
Hey All,
Bryony, nowhere in my post did I say you were in open rebellion.
I simply asked what was stopping you from making a full commitment.
I also asked if there is anything else you need to make a final conversion.
I never said you were under God's wrath.

I know for some that final step can be scary.
What's gonna happen to me when I do?
Well I withdraw my offer to help.
Perhaps God will send you another person.

Keep walking everybody.
May God bless,
Taz

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back