Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Prayer __] My mom has another blockage

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Nikki

:crying: :crying: :crying:

She was supposed to have surgery on her bladder this Wednesday for a leakage, but when she went to get approved by her heart doctor, she told him how she still gets out of breath easily. So, they said that she would have to pass a stress test before they gave the go ahead for the bladder surgery. She went today for her stress test and didn't do well at all. They ended up doing an ultrasound of her heart and found that she has a blockage. This is not a new one. They said they must have missed it when she had her bypass.

So, she goes next Tuesday for another Angioplasty so they can determine how bad it is. If it is bad, they'll have to crack her chest open again and do another bypass. If it's not that bad, they may be able to just do a stint. Even that is risky though.

Why her? She's the most wonderful, caring person you could know. She just had her double bypass in March. And now this? How could they have missed it?

I'm so upset.... :crying: :crying: :crying: Please pray for her. Her name is Shirley.

Thanks ya'll. She and I went shopping today and when I got home, I broke down crying. I can't lose her. My mom and I are so close. I know that one day, I WILL lose her, but I'm not ready. I'm sure she'll do just fine and we're really hoping that they can do a stent, but I honestly dont see them doing that. The blockage is laying right on her heart. I thought it was up higher, but it's in a main artery. I emailed some cardiologists and they too say they don't understand how it was missed. The doctor that found this blockage Monday said there is no way it's new. She said plaque doesn't build up that fast.

I'm just so mad!

Why her? She's the most wonderful, caring person you could know.

I had the same complaint once about someone dear to me who was ill. A freind just looked at me and said, "Why, not him?".....I think she meant that no one gets a pass in this life just because you are a wonderful and caring person. Troubles come to all of us. Maybe the link below will help you to understand a little better why bad things happen to good people.

http://www.bibletruths.net/Archives/BTAR207.htm

Your Mother Shirley will be in my prayers.

Thanks Everyone.

I know that everyting happens for a reason and nothing in life is perfect. But that doesn't make it any easier to accept when something like this happens. It's only natural to get mad, sad, etc.

I'm just putting all my trust in God that he will pull her through this like he did last time. I'm praying that her time isn't soon. I can't ever imagine being ready to lose someone....especially my mom. Honestly, the thought of it puts terror in me.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back