Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[ Testimony ] My Testimony 2005

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Y

Yah1

The summer of 2005 was probably the worst summer I have ever been through. In May of 2005 i was 24, I quit my job that I was at for 4 years because I was fed up with it. I was living with my friend at the time, rent free which did help, but I was running out of money…and fast. My friend was more worried about my mental health than the money. The devil also had his opening, and he took it. It was the week after i had quit my job. i couldn't sleep that night, the devil really got a hold of me and he knew exactly when to strike. i felt like a form of possession had take over. I stopped eating, drinking and sleeping. I eventually developed clinical depression, it was very difficult for me to get off the couch. My brother and friend were wondering why i wasn't out looking for a job. I had no desire to look for any job because i knew my mental health was deteriorating. On top of that, there was no air conditioning in a very small condo where i was living, my friends condo. Well a couple months had passed, and it was August. Living in horrible conditions i felt like i was in hell, no money no job and suffering with very bad depression. I gave up, i walked out the door and drove to a motel on rt ? with thoughts of suicide. You have to understand something though, exactly a year before this my roommate killed himself in my apartment where me and my brother had been living. It pretty much crushed any sanity i had left, if any of you know the guilt and sadness that suicide leaves, what i am discussing here then..you know. Anyways...

Ok so...here's the strange part. When i left to go to the motel i didn't tell ANYONE where i was going, not a soul. Well, i had rented the room for five days. i spent the first night at the motel and the next day around mid day i had taken a shower. After the shower, the phone in my room started ringing. IT WAS MY DAD! How he ended up finding me still baffles me to this day. Why my friend was so concerned that she called my parents after only one day gone! I couldn't even explain the pain i was in, you know how God says he will never test you beyond what you can handle, well...i'm still on ends with God on that one. the depression, sadness, confusion, emptiness. it was horrible. My dad drove me to my friends house and said to pack your bags, you're gonna live with us. The devil really took me for a ride.

It was late September/early October 2005, I was unemployed, homeless/living with mom&dad, no money and struggling with clinical depression. Well, one night I was in my room at about midnight or so…I sat on my bed and started talking to God telling him I couldn’t do this anymore, I told him I needed his help. I can’t do this anymore i said. It felt like my soul had literally been ripped out of my body and i was left as an empty shell. There was nothing left in me. My dad was wondering why i wasn't looking for a job, if only he knew the pain.

Well, that night i asked God for forgiveness. An hour later, i was about to shut my eyes and sleep when it happened. The Holy Spirit came, it felt like it was hovering over me at first. The love then entered into my body slow and pure and filled me up. My body was literally being filled with God's love. I tried to sit up but the love was so strong that i laid back down on the pillow. I just kept saying, thank you thank you, thank you Lord. His love is so good, so pure that you never ever forget it, even when he anoints you throughout your life. He gave me my soul back, my life back, my sanity back! His love also comes with peace, God's peace is so good that nothing in this world can ever come close. Jesus WAS God in the flesh, i know this now. Why it took me so long to figure this out, i don't know.

Two weeks later i found a job, a job that fits my skills, and nice people to work with. i've been at this job for seven years now. I've still had battles with the devil, because he never gives up even when you're saved so....i leave you with Philippians 2:12 Humility, Mercy, Forgiveness, Love, Peace, Freedom, Growth.

With Love, Dave

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back