Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[ Testimony ] My Testimony

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<!-- google_ad_section_start -->My earliest memory is when at the age of 2, a toddler and one day i went bush walking with Dad. We were going down this path and i was ahead of him and in front of me was a big brown snake coiled up and hissing. Dad saw the snake and called out to me so i ran from it. It could have bitten me if my Dad did not warn me. I think now that this serpent was a type of Satan who wanted to do something to me, and my Dad being a type of Father saved me.
My parents were taking me to Church but our family stopped going when i was 3 because of disagreements with a "liberal" pastor. My parents had good intentions they just didn't know the importance of going to Church. Some of my ancestors were catholics, some freemasons and some Presbyterian. Some came here from England, some from Scotland and some from Ireland. So i guess i have slightly different dna to my neighbour.
Now it gets weird, at 4 years old i was in bed one night when i suddenly i woke up at 2am. A strange black gorilla ran into my room, grunted, picked me up, it had thick hair on it, kissed me on the forehead and placed me on the floor beside my bed. It then ran away into the direction of my parents room, terrified i turned on the light and went to see my parents but they were asleep. So this creature had disappeared.
When i was seven, i was in bed one night when i suddenly i woke up at 2am, there was something at the end of my bed, it was an astronaut, it looked like a US one. It then to my eyesight changed shape into a black shadow and came up near the window towards me, i then yelled and raced to turn on the light switch. There was nothing there besides a black smudge mark on the wall near the window.
After these strange happenings i would get scared alot of nights thinking that it could happen again. My parents didn't believe what i told them, i had a good imagination too according to them. I realize
years later that these events were demonic and somehow the stealthy strangers were allowed access to me.
Thankfully i did not have anymore weird stuff occur to me, things were to change, this brings me up to the age of 13. I had been given a Good News Bible by my grandmother as a gift and i had a few classes of Bible Scripture at school which was about the names of characters in the Bible, really basic but nothing to make me saved or really interested. One day i decided that i would read the Good News Bible out of interest. I read it and some things seemed alright and other things i could not understand and this went on for 3 months. Overall it was supposed to be God's Word so if i didn't understand it, God would understand that i thought. I also looked at the people at my school, did anyone of them read the Bible or pray or talk about God, it seemed to me that no one did, the teachers didn't talk about God, i was the only one there that had read the Bible i thought.
One day at school i was playing a ball game with my friends and then someone grabbed the ball and threw it through a open window of a classroom. I went to find it with my friends, we went up the stairs and in a classroom were this man and lady sitting there together, i went to the door and they came out and invited us in, we went in not sure what they were going to say to us. They told me they were Christians and said did i know about Jesus, i said i did as i had been reading bits of the Bible for three months. They said to me did we want to pray and we said yes, they prayed the prayer of salvation for my friends and then they then prayed for me, i said i was sorry for my sins and i accepted Jesus into my life, as they were talking something came upon me, i suddenly felt really peaceful and joyful, it came fully over me. It was the Holy Spirit.
"
[FONT=arial,helvatica]For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16).
[/FONT]So then it was the end of the lunch break and i had the peace and joy for about two hours after that.
I knew that i had changed and it was my best moment at school.
Then i had thoughts, what if i went to a Christian school, would i learn the Bible and have it explained to me, i told my parents that i would like to go to a Christian school and so one day Mum took me to an interview with a headmaster at a local Christian school. We talked and the headmaster said the school wasn't heaven but it was a great school, so i was then taken to a guide who showed me around the school and as i was walking around the place, i remembered that i had been there, yes, in a vision! Amazing, i knew God wanted me to go this school and so i then signed up to go to it. I had some more visions about school buildings after this as well but then i had no more, i believe the dreams were from God because he wanted me to know He was still involved in this world.
[FONT=arial,helvatica]"And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:" (Acts 2:17)[/FONT]
It was after this time that I started to read the NIV alot. The Good News was a Bible for kids and since i was getting mature a NIV was the right choice as it was popular too. For a brief time i went to a Church with my family after i encouraged them to go. So i read the NIV for alot of years, i did not know that the KJV even existed nor was i interested in reading another translation of the Bible.
After school i went to live in a place a long way from where i grew up. I went to the local Church there and i spent alot of my time playing video games. I was hooked on video games like someone who needs nicotine, and i saw no problem with it according to the Bible. I thought my addiction was good as i really enjoyed playing games, God made me to like games i thought and it was like an escape from the world, so this addiction used up alot of my time, when i should have been working or witnessing i couldn't break the addiction, playing video games was a part of me. I found some young friends who were alot younger than me and they would play games with me on the weekends. I didn't use the Internet that much, but one day i was surfing the Internet and i came across sermonaudio.com from a web search on something related, i went there and was amazed at the number of preachers there. I typed something random into the search box and Dr Scott Johnson came up aside other names. I thought that i would click his name, and his sermons came up, i thought that i would download some to listen to at home, so i saved them to my USB. I liked the sermons that i heard, he seemed to talk well and i was learning new stuff. I then heard his sermons about the King James Bible and it convinced me that the King James Bible was right!
[FONT=arial,helvatica]"The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. [/FONT][FONT=arial,helvatica]Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." (Psalm 12:6-7)[/FONT]
I realized the errors in my beloved NIV and i then couldn't read it anymore, i brought a Authorized King James Bible and now have been reading everyday since. I have lost my desire to play video games, the Holy Spirit changed me so that i dont even want to play for 2 minutes! I have matured as well. I have met some knowledgeable Christians at this forum and i can learn from them, i listen to Pastor Mike Hoggard and Bryan Delinger too. I love to hear good sermons. The Authorized King James Bible is a very valuable gem, i do alot of reading too, i'm reading a book about Christian Apologetics at the moment. Life is full of learning everyday. Just like it says in Proverbs, one should get knowledge!
[FONT=arial,helvatica]"The heart of the prudent getteth knowledge; and the ear of the wise seeketh knowledge." (Proverbs 18:15)[/FONT]
That's my testimony, Praise God for His love, kindness and mercy!
[FONT=arial,helvatica]"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)[/FONT]

Thank you (((AKJVReader))) for your testimony. I enjoyed reading it. Be sure not to fully "trust" in the KJV either... the version itself is not necessarily inspired, but God's Word remains true to itself. Do you study any of the "original" languages as yet? That makes study REALLY interesting.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back