Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[ Testimony ] Never Give up. Stay focused on the Word of God. My son and cancer

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
B

Brother Mike

This is not a Testimony of things to follow or even to believe that I did things perfect. I know more now than I did before, and still learning. If you won't move, What God did for me, he will do for you. God is no respecter of persons, but a respecter of faith. Doubting God will come through leads to death and loss. Israel always thought God would forget to feed them, or help when enemies came around. You see what it cost them.

I had just gotten out of Jail, and living in a shelter. I had two kids both boys and they lived with their mom. Because prison gives you lots of time to do nothing, I spent my time in God's Word. Everyday was meditating on scripture day and now I was out of prison and taking what I learned to the other homeless men in the shelter with me.

I was trying to get my family back and communication with the wife was going slow. My wife was a Christian before me, but now I could see she really did not know God at all even though going to church all her life. Her version of God was that He was mysterious and most the gifts passed away unless God was just in a good mood on a given day and helped out a little.

I had a big bible study every night in the homeless shelter and mostly just taught candy gospel like Joel Osteen. God is good, God loves you, and your going to make it. Most of the men already felt worthless and so I skipped the eternal fires of hell bible studies. These men needed loved.

I got a job, and was just following my parole and communicating with my wife and kids when I could. One day as they say, my wife stops in my work and tells me I have to hear what the Doctor is saying. My son had been running a low grade temperature for almost two weeks and my wife finally had taken him to the hospital.

I show up, and the doctor tells me they have run lots of test and that my son has something called T-cell lymphoma. The doctor tells me this is very hard to treat and that this type of cancer forms tumors in all the major organs.

Wow, I felt weak all over and got sick to my stomach when I heard this. Waves of fear were running all over my body. Now when fear comes over you, what you feel is not important, it's what you say. I knew that my next words would set the course of this thing. (James 3:4) Never speak the fear, if you do, your just siding with Satan and we don't have a spirit of fear.

I looked at the Doctor and told him that this disease does not belong to us, that Jesus redeemed us from the curse, and you won't find any cancer in my sons body after a week.

(Never set a time for God. It's dumb, and the devil used that on me later.)

The flood does come.

Jesus said "WHEN" the flood came the person founded on the word had his house still standing. I was sort of taken back by all this because I served God, did all I knew to be right and yet trouble comes. Everything I believed about faith and trusting God had to actually be put into practice. I would so much rather just teach on it and not have any floods beating on my house. Yet here I was, and it happened so suddenly. My son was healthy just 3 weeks ago and now here I am at the Hospital.

My son was so sick I guess they had to rush him to Chicago Memorial Hospital for Children off Lakeshore drive. that was 3 hours north of me . My wife went with my son in the ambulance and I had to stay because of Parole. Initial scans did not show any tumors in any of his organs, praise God.

Now it was time to take a walk and talk to Mr. Devil. Some question this, but God already said with Long life I'll satisfy him, already said he would never leave me or fail me, already said I will perfect that which concerns you, and I could make a page of things He said. No need to bother my Father with something He has already told me. The devil however is needed to be talked to.

I found a park and told the devil that he had no right, or authority to make my son sick. I told him to get his hands off my son in the name of Jesus and that I was not going to worry or even have a concern about it.

This is very important, Weapons can be formed against you, but they need your permission for them to prosper. Do not give the devil any place and don't speak the lies and fear he puts into your head. Pay no attention to it, just focus on the Word of God. God sent his word to heal and deliver us, so stay focused on what God sent to get you out of trouble. Just don't pray off the top of your head, find scripture and go over and over them until they are more real (faith) than your circumstance. Never, never feel sorry for yourself, and don't ask why you have to go through things unpleasant. Job did that and it did not help him a bit. God is faithful and will show you something if you need to change it. (Phil 1:6)

Remember, most believers get defeated because all they do is pray and beg others to pray for them (WITHOUT) getting firmly on the word that was sent to deliver them. Get the scriptures, then pray and keep those scriptures on you. Go over and over them.

Day 2) I got a report back from Chicago. My son was getting bone marrow taken from the hip and spinal taps. They started him on aggressive chemo as the cancer was worse than what was first diagnosed.

Day 3) No improvements, but the cancer was spreading and my son not responding to treatment. His skin started to turn blue because of all the blood vessels bursting under his skin. My son was covered in this and his body was shutting down.

Day 4) I think this was the day Grandma decided to round up every Methodist and Baptist Pastor she knew. As Old as she was, she got to know a few of them. I am thankful these Godly men wanted to pray with me for my son, but I had to decline. If you believe you received as Jesus told you to do (Mark 11:24) then you don't pray over and over for something you already have. I was not going to disobey the Word at this point and I declined to join any of them in prayer. Looking back, I should have handled it more tactfully.

Day 5) My son was even worse. I told the wife don't worry about it, God has this all fixed. It was also the day my Christian friend had to have a talk with me. She sat me in the break room at work and said, "I know you have faith in God Mike, but if your son dies, will you still trust God?"
That is like saying I would still trust someone with Money after I gave them 500.00 to get something for me through their company, yet they decided to keep my money for themselves. In her mind, God can break his own word and do as God wishes. My Father in Heaven always keeps His Word and His Word can be trusted, even with your life.
I answered her, "If my son dies, there is no God."
That was the last time she spoke to me, I guess she did not get it.

Day 6) The devil is starting to bug me about God not coming through because I foolishly told the doctor a week. My son was even worse than the day before and no sign of improvements. They started to talk about my son dying at this point.

Day 7) My relative went to see my son and had just got back from Chicago. This man sat me down to have a heart to heart talk. He said he spoke with the doctor, and my child was was going to die. The doctor said there was not much more they could do. My relative knew I had no money and offered to take me to the funeral home to pick out a head stone and casket. He said He would pay for everything, the wake, casket and head stone. He said he felt like he was suppose to do this for me and not burden my grandparents with burial of my son.

This sounded like a great offer and for a split second I almost said yes. To be honest, I was praising God every day for being faithful, but none of the doctor reports were lining up with any healing. It made financial sense to take the man up on his offer. However, the scripture in James came to mind. (Thank you Holy Spirit!!!) He that waivers or takes two positions will not get anything from God. I told my relative that I was not going to bury my son and thank you for the offer. Just then my relative got really, really upset and told me that It's not God's will to heal everyone! I knew right then it was the devil operating the whole time, trying to get me to agree to bury my son.

Day 8) I got a call from the wife that night. The doctor said my son would not make it through the night or at best die that next morning.
Never, never, never loose your confidence. It will cost you! Remember, Jarius daughter was actually dead, and there was still hope. Don't be moved by reports, but by the Word of God only. She hung up the phone and I was devastated, but silent. I knew this was not the time to start begging God or get in fear. Just then I heard a voice real loud speak to me.
"What are you going to do now faith boy? All you believed about God was wrong, and the Father is going to show you the error of your thinking. Everything you rammed down everyones throat about faith was a lie and you have deceived people as your faith could not save your own son."

At first it sounded almost like God speaking, but the language and tone gave it away. I said devil, all I can do is trust God, and be thankful for never failing. My son will live and not die, and if you don't like that, go bother Jesus about it instead because it's His Word. I will believe.

It was a blow below the belt, I was in tears. What if he's right, what if he's right. Did I believe a lie? Was I taught wrong? I put it out of my mind. We overcome this Word by our faith, our faith in the Written Word of God. All we can do is just trust God, we have no control over many things.

Day 9) I get a call early that morning. It was my wife and it sounded like she had been sucking Helium. She said our son is going to be in the hospital all day. That was confusing because my son was suppose to be in the hospital. She said that they ran the same test with bone marrow and spinal tap. They could not find one cancer cell in his body. They had no idea what happened she said and are trying to find out if they really messed up. Glory to God!!! What my wife meant is that my son had no cancer yet still had to be tested all day. She only told me half of it at first.

This whole ordeal was not easy. Everyday was a day of just praising God, and staying focused on the Word. What God had done for me, He will do for you. Never give up hope, not with Jesus still on the throne and in charge.

Mike.

My son was 8 then, he is 23 now and serves God on the church Internet team.

Deborah13
Praise God, Brother Mike. Thank you for your testimony! Jesus is alive and well on the planet earth. He's still in the business of healing. Great faith!

Praise God. Jesus on the throne, and He has never changed, never said anything has passed away. He did not turn people down when He was on earth or fail them, did not turn me down or fail my family, and if people just stay fixed on Him and his word, there is the same and even great power toward help in your own family. Lord, give yourself glory in our little ones and family!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back