Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New - "Christ's Birth Carols" for Churches

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,038.00
Goal
$1,038.00

thelifted

New carols have been released for Churches titled "CHRIST'S BIRTH CAROLS" meant for rendition during Christmas season. The superb carols are eleven in number:
Carol No. 1: Have Thou Room For Little Babe?
Carol No. 2: Rejoice, Rejoice
Carol No. 3: Blissful Dawn
Carol No. 4: MY SAVIOUR IN A MANGER
Carol No. 9: Your Kingdom Is Forever
Etc.
The Score/ Lyrics of the carols is here attached, while the audio recordings can be downloaded free of charge from:

Attachments

• CHRIST'S BIRTH CAROLS By Progress G Akpabio.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Not my rave. For instance, checking the lyrics for “My Saviour in a Manger”, I’d wish to amend the idea that he is still in a manger – incidentally he was born in a ground floor utility room (of Joseph’s parents?) and placed in a manger (food trough) to sleep. "Born in a manger" is a bit like saying that our daughter was "born in a cot". Nor would I be asking the long deceased Mary for anything, and Jesus as a babe no longer exists, even as I as a babe do not. Even if the true translation is about peace to mankind, it’s got some sageism (‘men’), besides a throwback to redundant language, hast it not? And as for telling Jesus what to do? Dunno. Perhaps it's better if he tells me what to do. Finally, was he her trueborn, or her firstborn? What mother births a falseborn? I've rewritten a few Christmas carols.

Sure, the song gets right some good themes, such as the humility and God the son who became Jesus for us, and tie-ins to the prophetic past (eg David’s dynasty), but that's wheat among the weeds, IMO, and all should be wheat.

I have been thinking of writing a song or 2 based on the Messianic (slim majority) opinion that our Lord was born during Sukkot/Feast of Tabernacles.

Something like "Away in a Sukkah"

I have been thinking of writing a song or 2 based on the Messianic (slim majority) opinion that our Lord was born during Sukkot/Feast of Tabernacles.

Something like "Away in a Sukkah"
Lol. I'd be against specifying as to when he was born, period. The fact was very down to earth, but the dating is very much up in the air. I've rewritten a few carols, and would always remove such subjective assurances about dating.🙂

Back