Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] New guy needing prayer..long post

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

clj75

I need help.. Im 35 years old and I was raised in a loving christian home and was saved at the age of 11. It was as real to me then as it is to me now. Over the years I strayed away from time to time sowing wild oats, etc.. But as the years went on I renewed my faith and I met my first wife in church and after 5 years of marriage we divorced. That was 9 years ago. It was a messy divorce that split our small country church and I left. I felt jaded and havent had much to do with church since. But I never stopped believing. I met my current wife at work and have been married since Nov. She has had a hard life and has had a lot of bad things happen to her over the years. A few weeks after we got married she tried to commit suicide and I was able to stop her. I talked to her about Jesus and she just didnt want to hear it. About a week later, the Lord was able to touch her heart and she asked Jesus to save her while I held her hand. It was a beautiful moment and it was almost as if I could feel something leave her body.
I am a Southern Baptist and I am not a charismatic in any way but I do believe in demon possession. As the weeks went on we went to a few churches here and there trying to find one that suits us. (I promised my 10 year old daughter that I would start going back to church) I work 12 hour shifts on Sundays so sometimes its kinda hard.
But after a few weeks my wife started acting strange. She started throwing mad fits for no reason she hates everyone and she keeps telling me she is going to end it all because she hates her life. She wont listen to me any more when I mention Christ. I have had a vasectomy and we do not have any children together. She had a miscarriage in her 20s and does not have any of her own and now she screams at me about that too. She was always kind of a loner and is really shy around people. She is a former drug addict and exotic dancer so you can just kind of guess what kind of mental grief she carries. She wants to kill herself so bad. I am getting to the point where I cant deal with her depression anymore. I am taking her to a shrink in a few hours and I am hoping therapy helps. Could she be possessed?? I told her that Sunday I am going to a church with or without her. I have failed as a spiritual leader and I feel bad. She also claims our house is haunted. It was my grandparents house and I do know that from time to time there are some strange noises like every once in a while it seems like you can hear someone cough or mumble something its kinda weird. Anyways could a demon have infiltrated our home because my wife is a new christian? are we being attacked spiritually? PLEASE EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD THAT READS THIS PLEASE PRAY FOR US. I

I need help.. Im 35 years old and I was raised in a loving christian home and was saved at the age of 11. It was as real to me then as it is to me now. Over the years I strayed away from time to time sowing wild oats, etc.. But as the years went on I renewed my faith and I met my first wife in church and after 5 years of marriage we divorced. That was 9 years ago. It was a messy divorce that split our small country church and I left. I felt jaded and havent had much to do with church since. But I never stopped believing. I met my current wife at work and have been married since Nov. She has had a hard life and has had a lot of bad things happen to her over the years. A few weeks after we got married she tried to commit suicide and I was able to stop her. I talked to her about Jesus and she just didnt want to hear it. About a week later, the Lord was able to touch her heart and she asked Jesus to save her while I held her hand. It was a beautiful moment and it was almost as if I could feel something leave her body.
I am a Southern Baptist and I am not a charismatic in any way but I do believe in demon possession. As the weeks went on we went to a few churches here and there trying to find one that suits us. (I promised my 10 year old daughter that I would start going back to church) I work 12 hour shifts on Sundays so sometimes its kinda hard.
But after a few weeks my wife started acting strange. She started throwing mad fits for no reason she hates everyone and she keeps telling me she is going to end it all because she hates her life. She wont listen to me any more when I mention Christ. I have had a vasectomy and we do not have any children together. She had a miscarriage in her 20s and does not have any of her own and now she screams at me about that too. She was always kind of a loner and is really shy around people. She is a former drug addict and exotic dancer so you can just kind of guess what kind of mental grief she carries. She wants to kill herself so bad. I am getting to the point where I cant deal with her depression anymore. I am taking her to a shrink in a few hours and I am hoping therapy helps. Could she be possessed?? I told her that Sunday I am going to a church with or without her. I have failed as a spiritual leader and I feel bad. She also claims our house is haunted. It was my grandparents house and I do know that from time to time there are some strange noises like every once in a while it seems like you can hear someone cough or mumble something its kinda weird. Anyways could a demon have infiltrated our home because my wife is a new christian? are we being attacked spiritually? PLEASE EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD THAT READS THIS PLEASE PRAY FOR US. I
Hi: Wow, my heart goes out to you. It must be so hard dealing with this on a daily basis. Well, first thing make sure you heart is aligned with God's heart. In order to operate in his perfect will and to use the gifts that he has given us. Charismatic, non denominational, baptist, etc. It really doesn't matter. We all believe the same thing -- Jesus died on the cross and shed his blood for all of our sins. I, would personally call someone at a church a pastor or an elder and ask for help in this area. I, personally, attend a pentecostal church. My pastor has had specific dealings with the demonic strongholds that may very well be involved here. I do not know if your pastor at church has any experience in this area -- if not I would call on a pastor at either a pentecostal or non denominational church (as I have attended both and both pastors knew very well on how to deal with these issues). You really need someone standing with you on this, if you do not have experience in this area. The one thing you can do in the meantime is to pray a hedge of protection around you and your family (Is 54:17) Secondly, here is a link to help: How to Cast Out Demons

Thank you Caroline. I know that post seemed really weird but thats what really going on in our lives right now. Thank you for your words of encouragement:)

Thank you Caroline. I know that post seemed really weird but thats what really going on in our lives right now. Thank you for your words of encouragement:)
Not weird at all. You are just under attack from the enemy. He is threatened that you are going to do great things for the Kingdom of God. Put your armor on and march...
Eph 6:10-17 (NIV) Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armour of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armour of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Right on Caroline!! DJ 75, just keep praying, most of the time, it's a moment by moment change.

Make sure you have a devotional time everyday with God, even if it's just a few minutes in the Word, because that is what he mostly uses to talk to you. I will be praying for your family.

Right on Caroline!! DJ 75, just keep praying, most of the time, it's a moment by moment change.

Make sure you have a devotional time everyday with God, even if it's just a few minutes in the Word, because that is what he mostly uses to talk to you. I will be praying for your family.
Thanks, KG...sometimes we all need encouragement...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back