Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

New Member - Hi All :)

Melissa Ann

Bible-Believing
Greetings from Ohio! I hope everyone is having a good day. You can see my name, so I'll just say that I joined here to both give and receive godly encouragement. I'm struggling a bit with my faith, but I'll be alright. Reaching out is the first step in overcoming anything, amen?

Right now, I'm non-denominational. I believe what the Holy Bible says and that's what I go by. I was a cradle-Catholic, but left that church at 17. In my 20's, I became Protestant and was baptized as an adult. I've been to a lot of different churches, but don't attend one at the moment. Really, it's crazy how many different denominations and beliefs are out there!

Well, I've written more about myself on my profile page. Go check it out if you want to. Otherwise, I look forward to meeting some of you! And don't forget to stay blessed brethren. 🙏

Greetings from Ohio! I hope everyone is having a good day. You can see my name, so I'll just say that I joined here to both give and receive godly encouragement. I'm struggling a bit with my faith, but I'll be alright. Reaching out is the first step in overcoming anything, amen?

Right now, I'm non-denominational. I believe what the Holy Bible says and that's what I go by. I was a cradle-Catholic, but left that church at 17. In my 20's, I became Protestant and was baptized as an adult. I've been to a lot of different churches, but don't attend one at the moment. Really, it's crazy how many different denominations and beliefs are out there!

Well, I've written more about myself on my profile page. Go check it out if you want to. Otherwise, I look forward to meeting some of you! And don't forget to stay blessed brethren. 🙏

Greetings and blessings in Christ, Mellissa Ann!

Hope you enjoy being a member here!

Idk why or I wouldn't be struggling. I don't mind discussing it but maybe it should be in a different forum, not the welcome forum. I think it could get in-depth. Also, I'm new here and don't know anyone yet. There has to be some level of trust for me to open up to something so personal. Gotta admit, I didn't expect your reply! Took me by surprise 🤔

Am also curious: do you believe that Kind-to-kind evolution, cosmic evolution, big bang, and millions of years are facts?

Facts? No.

No one was there to witness these things except for God. Scientists only have theories and hypothesis...human guesses, which obviously could be wrong. The big bang and cosmic evolution (? don't even know what that is), if real, were/are completely controlled by God; as He is the Creator of ALL things.

Millions of years? I don't think so. We can see in today's world, how quickly water (via flash floods, etc.) can erode and reshape rocks and earth. It only takes a few hours in some cases, not millions of years as scientists claim. Over a few thousand years of catastrophic weather events, the terrain could change quite a bit.

Kind-to-kind evolution? I believe that species can evolve within the same species. To me, it's more like "survival of the fittest". Animals always choose the healthiest mates with the best chance of survival for the species. I also believe that, within the same species, animals can improve to adapt to climate changes. For example, the wooly mammoth became the elephants we see today as warmer land temperatures prevailed. Same with the saber-tooth tiger. He just became the tigers we see today. Same species but with improvements to ensure survival.

Some species of animals just weren't able to cut it and became extinct (not talking about human interference here). Or maybe God caused them to become extinct for His own reasons, unknown to us. But I do not believe in evolution as proposed by Darwin. I don't think a pig can turn into a dog, etc.

Sorry this is so long; it IS an interesting topic. However, I don't think upon it often. Again, God is the Creator and He can manage His creation anyway He likes. A lot of things we just won't know the answers to unless the Lord chooses to reveal them to us after death. IMO, the Godhead is most concerned about one of His favorite creations...mankind! That is why He left the Bible for us. So that we can be all that He wants for us to be. None of us perfect, but those who believe are always striving to please Him.

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

God bless!

thank GIF

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome here!

Back