Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

New to the Forum

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Ruffinoes is good, but pricy. Walk-Ons is a decent franchise. Ruth Chris is another well to do one. There's all kinds of restaurants really. Depends on what type of food I guess.

I was thinking of meeting some family there from New Orleans, since it's halfway, just not sure what all they would like yet. I'll check out Ruffinoes, and ask if they've been there.

Appreciate the heads up. :thumb

I get in trouble now.
popsthebuilder
What baptisms are you baptized into?

You do not have to answer.

I guess I claim
Father
Son
Holy Spirit
Purifying fire
Suffering

Greek word immersion for baptism.
They teach language classes as immersion.
A sinking ship is being inmersed
Alcohol immersuon

Mississippi redneck
eddif

I get in trouble now.
popsthebuilder
What baptisms are you baptized into?

You do not have to answer.

I guess I claim
Father
Son
Holy Spirit
Purifying fire
Suffering

Greek word immersion for baptism.
They teach language classes as immersion.
A sinking ship is being inmersed
Alcohol immersuon

Mississippi redneck
eddif
I can relate to baptism by fire, yet am not pure, and suffering seems tied to my blood. I've never been baptised by man.

I can relate to baptism by fire, yet am not pure, and suffering seems tied to my blood. I've never been baptised by man.
I can accept that.

I really ran into immersion in foreign language classes, taught by immersion. In the class you use the language being taught. The purpose was to be enveloped with knowledge of the language.

John the Baptist preached Repentance. Water baptism was attached to that baptism. Repentance is not salvation, but puts you in the situation of needing something to deal with the sin you just discovered you had.

The OT Law was added because of sin. We can be immersed in the Law. Jonah was glad to be out of the fish.

Immersed in Jesus is understanding Salvation.

Immersion in the Holy Spirit is understanding power to be a witness.

Is baptism a ceremony? Well Repentance had a ceremony. It gets harder to track the later baptisms.

Teaching them all things gets harder still.

I tend toward learning (immersed) in the fullness of God.

I will try and not clog up your thread.

eddif

I can accept that.

I really ran into immersion in foreign language classes, taught by immersion. In the class you use the language being taught. The purpose was to be enveloped with knowledge of the language.

John the Baptist preached Repentance. Water baptism was attached to that baptism. Repentance is not salvation, but puts you in the situation of needing something to deal with the sin you just discovered you had.

The OT Law was added because of sin. We can be immersed in the Law. Jonah was glad to be out of the fish.

Immersed in Jesus is understanding Salvation.

Immersion in the Holy Spirit is understanding power to be a witness.

Is baptism a ceremony? Well Repentance had a ceremony. It gets harder to track the later baptisms.

Teaching them all things gets harder still.

I tend toward learning (immersed) in the fullness of God.

I will try and not clog up your thread.

eddif
Clog it up all you want. Sometimes rough uncut unfiltered thought is good to put down and observe.

Repentance is key and can be an ongoing thing for some I suppose. If we think we are without sin then we are fooling ourselves. Seems some sin isn't always known; even after having heard and believing. It's a journey and a process. As we grow we too change.

Back