Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] No Gravity pre Flood!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
peace4all said:
That is like trying to deal with ken hovind (sp that was really bad)

His name is Kent Hovind, so you were very close. :)

Khristeeanos said:
peace4all said:

ahh ty. I wasnt sure if it was Ken, or Kent.. and since I personally don't know anyone named Kent, I took the chance.

peace4all said:
Khristeeanos said:
peace4all said:

ahh ty. I wasnt sure if it was Ken, or Kent.. and since I personally don't know anyone named Kent, I took the chance.

lol

No problem. :)

I saw him speak last year and he is a very intelligent person. He has a great memory.

Even if you disagree with what he teaches, you have to at least give him credit for that. :)

dad said:
[

I will give you a tasty cookie if you can find me evidence of any authority figure anywhere who holds this theory.
Show me a man living that can refute it? How would you plunk a city half the size of the USA down on earth?[/quote]
Here we go again. Someone who figures that if something can't be proved false then it must be true. Santa lives because you can't prove he doesn't. Home schooling, isn't it wonderful?

imagination

dad said:
peace4all said:
science deals with anything that can be tested, proven, or true. something that is impossible under physics, law, and science, is then therefore, not science. Science can't explain something that doesn't exist.. (scientifically atleast)
Right, as I said, it deals only with the present!!!!!! Cojnecture on a physical only past is not science, it can't go there, one way or the other. Of course heaven is not science, science is far to limited and handicapped to be able to detect the spiritual, let alone the spiritual in the past or future! It must stick in the present physical only universe, where mere physicas apply. It may not leave that box.
Christians, on the other hand have a wealth of information about both!
I guess in your imagination all things are possible for those that can imagine them. That is the difference between belief and science. Science only deals with the real.

kent

Khristeeanos said:
peace4all said:
Khristeeanos said:
peace4all said:

lol

No problem. :)

I saw him speak last year and he is a very intelligent person. He has a great memory.

Even if you disagree with what he teaches, you have to at least give him credit for that. :)
I don't think anyone referred to kent as unintelligent. I have heard that honesty might be a bigger issue with kent. Here are some things you might not know about kent and wish you did.
Hovind was awarded a masters's degree and doctorate in "Christian Education" from the UNACCREDITED college (correspondence school) Patriot University (now Patriot Bible University) in 1988 and 1991 respectively.
"Patriot Bible University will not send copies of Hovind's doctoral dissertation to anyone for review."

"In 1996 Hovind unsuccessfully filed for bankruptcy to avoid paying federal income taxes. Hovind was found to have lied about his possessions and income[10]."

"The vast majority of scientists do not take Hovind's work very seriously or agree with his interpretation of the facts.[for one example see National Center for Science Education's article http://www.talkorigins"
Even AIG doesn't take Hovind seriously.
http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2002/1011hovind.asp
For more on Kent Hovind go here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_Hovind#Education

peace4all said:
this is ridiculous.

you began making things up, and then said that, because it is in your own little made up world, it doesn't follow rules of this world.

you then ask us to refute it.

No, I begin believing the bible, and looking at real evidence we do have. This present world is slated to pass away, and the temporary universe we live in as well. Of course things will be different! We will live forever, this is not possible in this world as is, in case you haven't notice. Don't presume to lock us into this death and decay, cause you believe in sameness for some strange, unscientific, baseless reason!

reznwerks said:
Here we go again. Someone who figures that if something can't be proved false then it must be true. Santa lives because you can't prove he doesn't. Home schooling, isn't it wonderful?
No, I figure something claimed by science to be true or false needs to be supported, not just believed. Things in the bible that cannot be disputed by science are fair game!!!

Re: imagination

reznwerks said:
I guess in your imagination all things are possible for those that can imagine them. That is the difference between belief and science. Science only deals with the real.
Right, and the future and past as physical only is not something it deals with! People just assume it was, they can't support that belief, however, in any way, shape or form! So stick to the real, yes!!! The rest is science falsely so called.

dad said:
reznwerks said:
No, I figure something claimed by science to be true or false needs to be supported, not just believed. Things in the bible that cannot be disputed by science are fair game!!!

This from the person who continually evades requests for support for his own beliefs. Cute.

Anyway, may I ask why the fossil record, the size and scope of the universe, dating methods, the quantity of oil in the ground, an a whole host of other astronomical and geological tidbits don't count as evidence? I'm not even asking you to accept an old universe, I'm just asking you to recognize that these things count as data points to support the other side. If you don't, you pretty much prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that first, you have no clue what you're talking about; second, you're so insecure in your own faith that you're unwilling to look at it objectively; and third, that you're no longer worth any attention.

reznwerks said:
... Here we go again. Someone who figures that if something can't be proved false then it must be true. Santa lives because you can't prove he doesn't. Home schooling, isn't it wonderful?
No home school can refute the bible, or any other school, no evidence exists that there is no spiritual or heaven. Why pretend science knows a thing about it?
If you have a science point bring it on anytime, and see how you fare. If you want to talk bible, let's get it on. Otherwise you are just whining, and insulting, pretending you know something, when you are simply biased, and in spiritual denial, and partially informed!

ArtGuy said:
Anyway, may I ask why the fossil record, the size and scope of the universe, dating methods, the quantity of oil in the ground, an a whole host of other astronomical and geological tidbits don't count as evidence?

They do, for my side! For example the fossil record. It tells of a migration from Eden, where most creatures were. They later replaced, or joined some other creatures, that were made to live planet wide. Of a watery world that eventually became more suitable for our spread, and such things. Also, it shows hyper evolution starting with God's created creatures. Where you have missed the boat is accepting the old age belief based interpretation of these things. Nothing to do with actual evidence. As for dating, the decay began at the split.

[quote:e6a53]I'm not even asking you to accept an old universe, I'm just asking you to recognize that these things count as data points to support the other side.

Hope I cleared that up!

If you don't, you pretty much prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that first, you have no clue what you're talking about; second, you're so insecure in your own faith that you're unwilling to look at it objectively; and third, that you're no longer worth any attention.
[/quote:e6a53]

I don't. You don't know what you are talking about! I don't care if you can debate or not. You certainly will not be able to back up the basis for all old age belief with science of any kind! That the past or future was PO.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back