Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

No technical problems: all systems go!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Holy (whatever)!

It's been a month now and still no problems!!! Great!!

My 5 computers here are up and running (fairly) smoothly, too. But I have a secret I have to tell folks out there. I still love Windows 98SE better than XP. My one son has Vista on his lap top and it seems better than XP, but the rest of our computer's hardware here won't handle Vista.

The only reason I stitched from 98SE to XP is because they don't support 98SE and/or programs for it any longer. I miss the old days (and from that statement most people can tell I'm getting old now! :-D )

One day I ought to get off my tuff and learn to use these open source Operating systems and not depend on Microsoft any longer. But considering my age, I guess I am entitled to be a little lazy!

They still support 2000 (for the time being). :-D Much better than 98SE, because it uses the NTSF kernel. Rarely do I have any software or hardware issues.

If you want to experiment with Linux, get a hold of a copy of RedHat or Linspire's GUI. That will help eliminate some or most command line computing.

Sorry I forgot about this thread, Vic and it's been a few days. Yes, I have limited experience with Linux red Hat when I took a course on it. Like anything, one has to learn the equivalent commands as windows in case there are issues/problems/viruses (although there are a lot fewer with this OS).

Then...... I have to get used to what open source software is out there to replace some of mine here. It's like anything new..... takes a little gettin' off one's duff to learn, and as I get older I get too comfortable.

At this point, it's an incentive thing. I can't deal with unneeded extra aggravation right now.

I still run 2000 at home and it has been great. An interesting thing with Vista is that many companies, including the one I work for, won't use it due to a lack of compatibility with software. So of course we use XP, which I don't mind.

BTW, on Monday, I get to go into work to a brand new quad-core HP with a 1.5GB Quadro video card. It might only have 2GB of RAM, but IT was originially trying to get 4GB. I'm so excited, I just had to tell someone. :-D Of course, now they expect productivity to increase. :sad

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back