Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Fish153

"Jesus looked at him and said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God! Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”
Those who heard this asked, “Who then can be saved?”
Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.” (Luke 18: 24-27)

The disciples are truly amazed when Jesus says what he does. "Who then can be saved??" they ask in exasperation.
And Jesus replies "what is impossible with man is possible with God".

Perhaps you have noticed this before or perhaps not. I had not tied chapter 19 back to chapter 18 until just recently when I was reading Luke 18 and 19:

"Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was WEALTHY. He wanted to see who Jesus was, but because he was short he could not see over the crowd. So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.
When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly.
All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.”

But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.”
Jesus said to him, “Today SALVATION has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.” (Luke 19: 1-9)

In chapter 18 Jesus says it is almost impossible for a rich man to enter Heaven. "Who then can be saved??" the disciples had asked. Jesus replies that what is impossible with men is possible with God.

In the very next chapter what does Jesus do? He SAVES A RICH MAN. Nothing is impossible for Jesus.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back