Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

on Commandments and Love

The Battlefront

https://www.youtube.com/@Mindisabattlefield
Lord Jesus Christ summed the 10 Commandments up into Two.
1) Love God with all you got.
2) Love your neighbor as yourself.

So how do we Love God?

John 14:15-31 KJV​

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
How are we meant to treat our neighbor?

John 13:12-17 and 34​

12 So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?
13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.
and
34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
Serve others.
God gave us a higher calling:

Matthew 5:13-16 (KJV)​

13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
I leave you with this:
  1. Love God more than anything or anyone and keep his commandments
  2. Invest in the lives of the people around you by trying to make them better.

Give back to the world. Genuinely care about the people near you especially if you don't like them. Lord Jesus even washed the feet of the man who betrayed him. You never know if your selfless kindness will bear fruit in their life. Be the change you want to see in the world. You may inspire others to do the same. Even if they don't appreciate your efforts God does and it will help to keep you humble in your service. Volunteer for charity organizations or food banks, Help the old lady cross the street. Hold the door and when you see someone is feeling low try to lift them up. If you have the time give it freely as Time is our greatest gift to others. Time is an investment into someone else's future. Stop exclusively living for selfish desires.

God bless you and thanks for reading!
If you enjoyed this check me out on Youtube! The Link is on my Page!

Last edited:
We love because God loves us.
1john4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 9 This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. 10 This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us

Because God loves us we are able to love the unlovely, thanks to his love, his spirit and strength in us.

Give back to the world. Genuinely care about the people near you especially if you don't like them. Lord Jesus even washed the feet of the man who betrayed him. You never know if your selfless kindness will bear fruit in their life. Be the change you want to see in the world. You may inspire others to do the same. Even if they don't appreciate your efforts God does and it will help to keep you humble in your service.

Wonderful closing! :thumb

I do not believe giving back to the world shows we love God. I believe showing love for God is consuming His intent and nature for the world. A good person gives to the world but doesnt like God. But a great person gives to the world freely displaying intentions of goodness towards God.

Back