Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

On The Way Of Life

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Shema

CF Ambassador
AVvXsEiIelu0WvWg3Q-RR1WkZyWEaiRdULkAWPjDeENT-bi29Rb2kWoW1Mds1rtN6FxlKYiZZi8SraIvyUIM2JB5NCMfWjuXfLPK-t9_ibfUM8PPHAbe6NejO48lV1VyMxx_1HpDuYwGL4sDaDwANtbe-Jy7wFu8bTXkfCBIcFhvkp2WMMhSvhVxrNTzoQg=s1080

An Emoji Devotions for Sun. January 16, 2022

Topic: On the way of life

In the last two devotionals we have drawn out some guidelines to submit ourselves under the dominion of the creator of the whole universe and to live and stay in his presence while walking the earth. With hindsight we can say that an individual has left the broad way and entered the small pathway according to the word of Jesus in Matthew 7:13-14:

‘Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.’ Jesus says: ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No-one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.’ (John 14:6 - 7) In verse 9 of the same chapter he adds: “Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, “Show us the Father”? In Jesus we encounter the fullness of the Godhead.

The same way God showed us his character, his love and mercy, his grace and absolute goodness in Christ Jesus, we have now, as followers of Jesus, the responsibility to show the world around us the character of Christ as good as we can in our weakness.

The more we concentrate on him and stay with him the better we will be able to depict the strength and glory of his character to our surroundings. After his resurrection Jesus said to his disciples: ‘Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.’ (John 20:21) The followers of Christ live their lives on this earth in the sight of the returning king and the coming glory.

They know that the whole world belongs to their father and that they are together with Jesus on the winning side. Therefore they do not get easily discouraged. Knowing that I cannot give you here a full picture, I just want to give you here some nuggets out of scripture.

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me – put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. (Philippians 4:4-9)

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. (Colossians 3:1-5)
For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, ‘Let light shine out of darkness,’ made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. (2. Corinthians 4:5-11)

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:16-18)

Then Jesus came to them and said, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.’ Matthew 28:18-20)

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death – even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:3-11)

I want to know Christ – yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead, I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenwards in Christ Jesus.
(The example of the Apostle Paul in Philippians 3:10-14)

Many more highlights of scripture would need to be added, but for now we leave it here. King Jesus is returning to this earth very soon to be the Emperor of the thousand years to come, the Prince of Peace and the Ruler of all Rulers. Let us be his faithful servants. By following Jesus the best of our lives remains ahead of us and he guarantees that we will reach it, if only we are staying with him.

Prayer: Dear Lord Jesus, you showed us the love and the goodness of your father. You have given everything for me, you have paid all the debts I could never have redeemed on my own. You have done everything for me by dying on the cross. You are my Savior and Redeemer! Show me how I can be something for your glory with my life. In your Holy Name, I pray!

Back