Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[ Testimony ] "On Your wonderful works, I will meditate"

Maedchen

Today I had such a beautiful experience, that I thought it might be worthwhile to share as a testimony for the "glorious splendor" and "majesty" of our loving God (Psalm 145:5).

I have been driving the 'Blue Ridge Parkway', a scenic driveway that leads along the Blue Ridge Mountains from Virginia to North Carolina, USA.
The road is constantly crossed by various animals, of which I saw deer, squirrels, groundhogs, and -surprisingly- a bear cub. On a summer flower meadow there were countless monarch-butterflies, huge and colorful, in an assembly I had never seen before.
Every few miles there are 'overlook stops', from where one can look over the valley beneath and the mountains on each side. What a wonderful sight!
So these works of God, the animals and the landscape, already had a soothing impact on me.

But then it started to rain heavily. Soon the water vapor rose from the road up into the sky, because it was a warm day. When the rain lessened, I had the privilege to experience such an overwhelming view over the mountains and the valley, which seemed to produce clouds like smoke. What a beautiful country! It was so impressive, that I could not help but praise our Lord for His wonderful Creation with tears in my eyes. His majesty and power was clearly shown to me with this sight.

Furthermore, I was reminded of an article from Billy Graham, who wrote about his home in North Carolina, from which he had similar views like the one I had today. Referring to the clouds, he wrote, "I have thought of the clouds of discouragement and suffering that temporarily veil the sunlight of God's love from us. Many people live with a cloud hanging over their lives."
As my own life is covered by thick clouds momentarily, I found comfort in Mr. Graham's conclusion, combined with the view I was granted today: "God has not abandoned us. He is still there, and in faith we know we can trust His promise: 'I will never leave you nor forsake you' (Hebr. 13:5)."

Psalm 36:5 reads, "Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds."
How comforting! And how wonderfully loving!

So, during cloudy chapters of our lives, the example of David in Psalm 145:5 is wise to follow, for it helps to focus on our Lord, instead on ourselves - "On the glorious splendor of Your majesty and on Your wonderful works, I will meditate."

May God be with you all,
Maedchen

Today I had such a beautiful experience, that I thought it might be worthwhile to share as a testimony for the "glorious splendor" and "majesty" of our loving God (Psalm 145:5).

I have been driving the 'Blue Ridge Parkway', a scenic driveway that leads along the Blue Ridge Mountains from Virginia to North Carolina, USA.
The road is constantly crossed by various animals, of which I saw deer, squirrels, groundhogs, and -surprisingly- a bear cub. On a summer flower meadow there were countless monarch-butterflies, huge and colorful, in an assembly I had never seen before.
Every few miles there are 'overlook stops', from where one can look over the valley beneath and the mountains on each side. What a wonderful sight!
So these works of God, the animals and the landscape, already had a soothing impact on me.

But then it started to rain heavily. Soon the water vapor rose from the road up into the sky, because it was a warm day. When the rain lessened, I had the privilege to experience such an overwhelming view over the mountains and the valley, which seemed to produce clouds like smoke. What a beautiful country! It was so impressive, that I could not help but praise our Lord for His wonderful Creation with tears in my eyes. His majesty and power was clearly shown to me with this sight.

Furthermore, I was reminded of an article from Billy Graham, who wrote about his home in North Carolina, from which he had similar views like the one I had today. Referring to the clouds, he wrote, "I have thought of the clouds of discouragement and suffering that temporarily veil the sunlight of God's love from us. Many people live with a cloud hanging over heir lives."
As my own life is covered by thick clouds momentarily, I found comfort in Mr. Graham's conclusion, combined with the view I was granted today: "God has not abandoned us. He is still there, and in faith we know we can trust His promise: 'I will never leave you nor forsake you' (Hebr. 13:5)."

Psalm 36:5 reads, "Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds."
How comforting! And how wonderfully loving!

So, during cloudy chapters of our lives, the example of David in Psalm 145:5 is wise to follow, for it helps to focus on our Lord, instead on ourselves - "On the glorious splendor of Your majesty and on Your wonderful works, I will meditate."

May God be with you all,
Maedchen

Ms @Maedchen :

Great post!

'Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee,
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided,
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.

Summer and winter and seedtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.'

And then there are these well known lines:

'O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the things Thy hands have made.
I see the stars, I hear the mighty thunder,
Thy pow’r throughout the universe displayed:

Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art! How great Thou art!

And when I think that God, His Son not sparing,
Sent Him to die - I scarce can take it in:
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin: ...'
Copyright (c) 1953 Stuart K Hine/The Stuart Hine Trust/Published by kingswaysongs.com Worldwide (excl. North and South America) tym@kingsway.co.uk

Blessings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear brother farouk,

thank you for sharing the lyrics of this wonderful hymn. It describes so impressively the greatness of our God!

And yes, I have been in Germany for a few days. :)

May God bless you.
Maedchen

Dear brother farouk,

thank you for sharing the lyrics of this wonderful hymn. It describes so impressively the greatness of our God!

And yes, I have been in Germany for a few days. :)

May God bless you.
Maedchen
[MENTION=96768]Maedchen[/MENTION]:

YW. As another hymn-writer said: '...the things of earth will grow strangely dim, In the light of His glory and grace.'

(Maedchen is a German word, of course...)

Blessings.

Back