Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] Only the truth will set you free

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Heidi said:
It's quite obvious she has no idea what she's talking about. Heidi, the biological definitions of plants and animals cannot be avoided. They're in place for a reason and no amount of religious fanaticism can get past that.

Here's the definition of animal by the "The Oxford American Dictionary and Thesaurus"; "A living organsim which feeds on organic matter, usu. one with specialized sense organs and a nervous system and able to repond rapidly to stimuli. Such an organism other than human beings."

And here's the definition of human by the same dictionary; "Of or characteristic of people as opposed to God or animals or machines." And that dictionary isn't a religious dictionary. So your second comment is false as well.
Did you read my post or not? The BIOLOGICAL DEFINITION, not the dictionary definition. I need to hammer this one home. Humans are animals according to the BIOLOGICAL DEFINITION of animal!
So you now have to re-write the dictionary because you don't know the difference between animals and humans. :lol: But if you want to follow science fiction writers and make up your own reality, then you are certainly free to do so. That still can't make a human an animal any more than it can make him a plant or a house. ;-)
No. Just... no.

But that's what fanaticism can do. It can brainwash school children into believing that they are no better than animals who came from the wombs of fictitious animals. :lol: :lol: :lol: So instead of placing blind faith in anything scientists say, you need to start observing reality and thinking for yourself so you know the difference between humans and animals. And only then will you see why an ape can no more breed a human descendant than a human can breed a giraffe as a descendant. But only good contact with reality can show you that, not fanatical faith in science fiction writers. ;-)
Jesus H Christ on a bicycle!
Let me tell you something Heidi. I have not been brainwashed by scientists, nor has anybody else in the history of science. I grew up in a totally secularized household. My parents never discussed religion, nor the origin of man or the meaning of life, etc etc. In my first years of primary school, I started taking scripture class. This meant that the fundies would come in every week and teach us about the bible. When I was about 7 or 8 my parents once asked me what my views on religion were. Having been only exposed to christianity, I answered that i was a christian, not knowing there was any alternative. They answered that this was fine, and the choice was totally up to me.
A few years later it gradually dawned on me that the bible was simply a collection of stories designed to get an underlying message across, and certainly not to be taken literally. The creation story was nonsense, the flood obviously never happened, the parting of the red sea was just ridiculous, and so on and so forth. I arrived at these conclusions not having any scientific background. In school we eventually started learning about evolution and the age of earth. The claims scientists made made so much more sense to me, and they had evidence upon mountains of evidence to back it up!

No, it is you who has been brainwashed into fanaticism. It is you that needs to take a reality check, and get the facts straight. It is you who needs to start thinking for yourself.

:lol: Sorry, but photosynthesis can't happen without oxygen. So it's you who doesn't understand what plants need. :lol:
Are you implying that if i put a plant into a transparent container and replace the air around it with carbon dioxide, then the plant will die for lack of oxygen? Or do i misunderstand you?

No, it is you who has been brainwashed into fanaticism. It is you that needs to take a reality check, and get the facts straight. It is you who needs to start thinking for yourself.[/quote]

A collection of stories? :lol: So please tell us the real history of the Jews. ;-) Then quote your sources. ;-)

Sorry but there's no evidence in reality that apes can breed human descendants. So the only story is that once upon a time, apes bred offspring who could think and talk. :lol: :lol: :lol: And what a story it is! I wonder why no ancient peoples anywhere in the world have passed along those stories about their "ancestors". Maybe they were ashamed of them. What do you think? :o

So since apes don't turn into humans in reality, then why would you believe that unless you were brainwashed by scientists that it was true? :o

So I won't respond to any more of your posts until you can respond to my thread; "Science vs. science fiction." If you start to think a little bit, you'll start seeing the difference between science and science fiction. Myths die hard. But they do eventually die. :)

Heidi said:
Sorry but there's no evidence in reality that apes can breed human descendants.
Wrong. Seriously, cut the "in reality" crap. The evidence for evolution has been shown to you time and time again.

So the only story is that once upon a time, apes bred offspring who could think and talk. :lol: :lol: :lol: And what a story it is! I wonder why no ancient peoples anywhere in the world have passed along those stories about their "ancestors". Maybe they were ashamed of them. What do you think? :o
How is this relevant?

So since apes don't turn into humans in reality, then why would you believe that unless you were brainwashed by scientists that it was true? :o
In reality, Heidi, we have to provide evidence to back up our claims. The more extraordinary the claim, the more extraordinary the evidence has to be. Luckily, that's the whole point of science - providing evidence.

So I won't respond to any more of your posts until you can respond to my thread; "Science vs. science fiction."
Looks like we won't be talking to each other for a while then, eh? Your thread is complete and utter rubbish and simply beyond the realms of reason. There's effectively no point in trying to beat sense into you because you just don't want to hear it.

If you start to think a little bit, you'll start seeing the difference between science and science fiction. Myths die hard. But they do eventually die. :)
Looking forward to it. When the world is free of religion, it'll be a much happier place.

Also, I'm glad to see you totally ignored the rest of my post, showing from personal experience that the christians are the ones doing the brainwashing, and science is infinitely more reasonable.
I hope you read the bit about the biological definition of animal. Since you didn't respond, I assume you finally accept it.

Dunzo said:
Heidi said:
Sorry but there's no evidence in reality that apes can breed human descendants.
Wrong. Seriously, cut the "in reality" crap. The evidence for evolution has been shown to you time and time again.

So the only story is that once upon a time, apes bred offspring who could think and talk. :lol: :lol: :lol: And what a story it is! I wonder why no ancient peoples anywhere in the world have passed along those stories about their "ancestors". Maybe they were ashamed of them. What do you think? :o
How is this relevant?

[quote:b2444]So since apes don't turn into humans in reality, then why would you believe that unless you were brainwashed by scientists that it was true? :o
In reality, Heidi, we have to provide evidence to back up our claims. The more extraordinary the claim, the more extraordinary the evidence has to be. Luckily, that's the whole point of science - providing evidence.

So I won't respond to any more of your posts until you can respond to my thread; "Science vs. science fiction."
Looks like we won't be talking to each other for a while then, eh? Your thread is complete and utter rubbish and simply beyond the realms of reason. There's effectively no point in trying to beat sense into you because you just don't want to hear it.

If you start to think a little bit, you'll start seeing the difference between science and science fiction. Myths die hard. But they do eventually die. :)
Looking forward to it. When the world is free of religion, it'll be a much happier place.

Also, I'm glad to see you totally ignored the rest of my post, showing from personal experience that the christians are the ones doing the brainwashing, and science is infinitely more reasonable.
I hope you read the bit about the biological definition of animal. Since you didn't respond, I assume you finally accept it.[/quote:b2444]

Nice cop out. Evolutionists always avoid the truth. Do you think that my other posts & threads are rubbish? Or do you think I make good points? You've told me I don't make good points yet you still respond to them. :) That proves that the only reason you don't respond to my science fiction thrread is that you can't answer it honestly without proving evolution to be science fiction. . So you avoid my thread and lie that it's rubbish when it actually shows you why evolution is science fiction. So I take your evasion of my thread as an admission that you know that evolution is a fairy tale. Evasions speak louder than words. :)

Heidi said:
Nice cop out. Evolutionists always avoid the truth. Do you think that my other posts & threads are rubbish?
Yes.

Or do you think I make good points?
No.

You've told me I don't make good points yet you still respond to them. :) That proves that the only reason you don't respond to my science fiction thrread is that you can't answer it honestly without proving evolution to be science fiction. . So you avoid my thread and lie that it's rubbish when it actually shows you why evolution is science fiction. So I take your evasion of my thread as an admission that you know that evolution is a fairy tale. Evasions speak louder than words. :)

No, it proves that I want to correct your misunderstanding. Having to respond to a disaster of a thread like that would simply be a waste of my time.

Dunzo said:
Heidi said:
Nice cop out. Evolutionists always avoid the truth. Do you think that my other posts & threads are rubbish?
Yes.

Or do you think I make good points?
No.

[quote:1883e]You've told me I don't make good points yet you still respond to them. :) That proves that the only reason you don't respond to my science fiction thrread is that you can't answer it honestly without proving evolution to be science fiction. . So you avoid my thread and lie that it's rubbish when it actually shows you why evolution is science fiction. So I take your evasion of my thread as an admission that you know that evolution is a fairy tale. Evasions speak louder than words. :)

No, it proves that I want to correct your misunderstanding. Having to respond to a disaster of a thread like that would simply be a waste of my time.[/quote:1883e]

So then I take it, you don't think my other threads are disasters since you respond to them. Is that correct? :o Or are you so trapped in your own contradictionsthat you see the folly of even trying to refute my arguments? If not, then prove it's a disaster or it stands as true. :) You have no problem responding to threads that you can answer simply. So if my thread on science fiction is a disaster, then here's your chance to blow it out of the water...that is, if you can. ;-)

Heidi said:
So then I take it, you don't think my other threads are disasters since you respond to them. Is that correct? :o Or are you so trapped in your own contradictionsthat you see the folly of even trying to refute my arguments?
I do in fact see the folly in attempting to refute your arguments.
...Because they're wrapped in fallacy upon fallacy and you're too closed minded to be able to think about alternatives.

If not, then prove it's a disaster or it stands as true. :) You have no problem responding to threads that you can answer simply. So if my thread on science fiction is a disaster, then here's your chance to blow it out of the water...that is, if you can. ;-)

Um... No. That's fallacious reasoning. Both myself and jwu have told you why it's not worth our time. Your reasoning is constantly fallacious and your facts inaccurate. The problem is that you're absolutely unable to concede that you have the slightest chance of being wrong. The combination means that there's no point in trying to correct your arguments in a thread like that.

Heidi said:
:lol: Sorry, but photosynthesis can't happen without oxygen. So it's you who doesn't understand what plants need. :lol:

Why don't you read up on photosynthesis there, Heidi?

The end-products of photosynthesis are oxygen and glucose.

Oh I agree that those who don't know the difference between humans and animals will define humans as animals.

Oh I agree that those who don't know the difference between mice and vertabrates will define mice as vertabrates....good one there, Heidi.

So why don't you address my thread on "Science vs. science fiction"? The answer is simple; because even evolutionists know that their theory is science fiction fantasy which is precisely why it's called a theory. ;-)

Because your Science vs. science fiction thread is idiotic. All it will come down to is the same stuff you bring up here, which is nothing.

Slevin said:
Heidi said:

Why don't you read up on photosynthesis there, Heidi?

The end-products of photosynthesis are oxygen and glucose.

Oh I agree that those who don't know the difference between humans and animals will define humans as animals.

Oh I agree that those who don't know the difference between mice and vertabrates will define mice as vertabrates....good one there, Heidi.

[quote:fdd2a]
So why don't you address my thread on "Science vs. science fiction"? The answer is simple; because even evolutionists know that their theory is science fiction fantasy which is precisely why it's called a theory. ;-)

Because your Science vs. science fiction thread is idiotic. All it will come down to is the same stuff you bring up here, which is nothing.[/quote:fdd2a]

So why do you reply to this and my other threads that you claim are idiotic and not to my thread on science fiction? :o The answer is obvious; because you can't refute my thread on science without contradicting yourself, which even you know. ;-) So I have proven evolution a fairy tale, especially by the lack of ability of atheists to refute my arguments. :)

So you're not fooling me by by lying about why you don't respond to my thread on science. All you show is that you're not interested in admitting the truth that your theory is science fiction, but only in not admitting you're wrong.

Well all I can say is that science fiction fantasies won't get you anywhere except into your imagination which leads you straight on the path to hell. Only the truth can free you from having to invent one ridicouls lie after another, your last lie being that my thread is idiotic yet you reply to my oither threads that you consider idiotic. :lol: That's not even a good lie. It's plain for all to see.

So lies make people look foolish, fearful, and most improtantly, untrustworthy. People stop listening to people who openly lie. They become non-entities because people know they can't be trusted. And that's how atheists are viewed by people, except other atheists, because only the liar can't see his own lies. ;-)

Heidi said:
So why do you reply to this and my other threads that you claim are idiotic and not to my thread on science fiction? :o The answer is obvious; because you can't refute my thread on science without contradicting yourself, which even you know. ;-) So I have proven evolution a fairy tale, especially by the lack of ability of atheists to refute my arguments. :)

It's called picking and choosing. You post the same stuff in every thread.

So you're not fooling me by by lying about why you don't respond to my thread on science. All you show is that you're not interested in admitting the truth that your theory is science fiction, but only in not admitting you're wrong.

You can't state that I'm lying by making implications about my motives for not responding to a specific thread you make. I didn't respond, and now you're attacking me because I'm not. Then you're using that to say that evolution is proven wrong because people don't respond to all your threads? Wow, you're really reaching there.

Well all I can say is that science fiction fantasies won't get you anywhere except into your imagination which leads you straight on the path to hell. Only the truth can free you from having to invent one ridicouls lie after another, your last lie being that my thread is idiotic yet you reply to my oither threads that you consider idiotic. :lol: That's not even a good lie. It's plain for all to see.

Where have I said that your other threads are idiotic? I'll respond to whatever thread I want, and until you show where I've lied, your making baseless accusations against another poster.

And learn what photosynthesis is, Heidi.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back