Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Bible Study Our Fathers' Anger

Our Fathers' anger has been portrayed by pulpit pounding screaming preachers depicting "a god" who can't wait to fry people. That doesn't describe our loving Father in any sense. Here's what the Bible says,

Heb.13:5 NIV
have you completely forgotten
you have forgotten me and trusted in false gods. Jer.13:25

Heb.12:5-6
this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says, “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”
(Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 1Jn.4:11
For God so loved the world...Jn.3:16
we were God's enemies Rom.4:10

Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? If you are not discipline—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. Heb.12:5-8 NIV
Hear me, you heavens! Listen, earth![/U]
For the LORD has spoken: “I reared children and brought them up, but they have rebelled against me. Isa.1:2 NIV[/b]

Even when our Lord Jesus taught us to pray,

Our Father who art in the heavens! hallowed be Thy name. Thy reign come: Thy will come to pass, as in heaven also on the earth. Mt.6:9-10

This could have two meanings,

1) In Heaven, angels rebelled and can never be forgiven.

2) In Heaven, angels rebelled yet can somehow be forgiven.

But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again, and your reward will be great, and ye shall be sons of the Highest, because He is kind unto the ungracious and evil; Lk.6:35

Our Fathers' anger has been portrayed by pulpit pounding screaming preachers depicting "a god" who can't wait to fry people. That doesn't describe our loving Father in any sense. Here's what the Bible says,

Heb.13:5 NIV
have you completely forgotten
you have forgotten me and trusted in false gods. Jer.13:25

Heb.12:5-6
this word of encouragement that addresses you as a father addresses his son? It says, “My son, do not make light of the Lord’s discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.”
(Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 1Jn.4:11
For God so loved the world...Jn.3:16
we were God's enemies Rom.4:10

Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? If you are not discipline—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all. Heb.12:5-8 NIV
Hear me, you heavens! Listen, earth![/U]
For the LORD has spoken: “I reared children and brought them up, but they have rebelled against me. Isa.1:2 NIV[/b]

Even when our Lord Jesus taught us to pray,

Our Father who art in the heavens! hallowed be Thy name. Thy reign come: Thy will come to pass, as in heaven also on the earth. Mt.6:9-10

This could have two meanings,

1) In Heaven, angels rebelled and can never be forgiven.

2) In Heaven, angels rebelled yet can somehow be forgiven.

But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again, and your reward will be great, and ye shall be sons of the Highest, because He is kind unto the ungracious and evil; Lk.6:35
Are you using Agape love for the enemies?

Agape is a tough word for me to totally unwind.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

In Scripture there is no indication that angels can ever be forgiven,
Jesus did not and will not shed His Blood for angels. The lost ones , rebelled against Him, remain His enemy until tossed in the lake of fire (apparently).

Our Fathers' anger
God is love, but that love is not self indulgent, capricious, blind or indulgent of failings.
God is also Holy and Just.
Sin is rebellion against all that God represents, sinners are enemies of God

We see God's extravagant love for us in creation, in his laws, his scriptures and ultimately in his Son.
We have to be aware that there are consequences in failing g to listen and follow God's commands.
Those who will not humble themselves to accept what is freely offered will be separated from all that God represents by his judgement of them.

God is love, but that love is not self indulgent, capricious, blind or indulgent of failings.
God is also Holy and Just.
Sin is rebellion against all that God represents, sinners are enemies of God

We see God's extravagant love for us in creation, in his laws, his scriptures and ultimately in his Son.
We have to be aware that there are consequences in failing g to listen and follow God's commands.
Those who will not humble themselves to accept what is freely offered will be separated from all that God represents by his judgement of them.
At the resurrection, all will see our Fathers anger like the anger of any human father would have when our children rebel against us. His anger towards condemnation was directed at the son of perdition in the garden of Eden. He only cursed his adversary who refused to change. they will perish because they were not prepared to meet him as he is.

Back