Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[__ Prayer __] Patience for Lakeside on a potential job opportunity

L

lakesider

Might sound petty, maybe some of ya'll can relate to this.

I do our church's website, and occasionally get some feelers from area businesses about doing web work for them. More often than not, for whatever reason it doesn't work out. It's hard for businesses to afford decent webwork, even at the dirt-cheap rates I'm willing to give them.

About two weeks ago, we got a very promising lead, or at least it seemed that way at the time and now I'm getting impatient, which I know is wrong.

A local business has contacted my wife and I about doing a website, and my wife and the owner talked at length about it and I'm really hoping we get their business. With a baby on the way in a few months, every dollar helps.

The owner liked what we told him, wants to think it over, look at his finances, etc. decide if/what he needs, etc. and I'm sure we'll talk soon. At least I hope so. I don't wanna rush him but we'll definitely follow up if we don't hear anything else from him. Waiting. Fun. Not.

Problem is, I'm getting impatient about it and I feel bad. We know that because as God takes care of sparrows, he'll look after us that much more because we're humans who love him.

Please pray that I will have patience as this plays out, pray that it is God's will that this works out but also for me not to stress out if it doesn't. Know it sounds immature but one of my dreams is to do web design on a free-lance basis to help pay bills and such. But of course, my site I do for our church for free will always be my first priority and creative passion, all other projects are secondary for sure.

I'm praying for you. I pray God will show the path of which to take and bless you asa you follow in obedience to his will. In the name of our savior Jesus Christ, amen. 8-)

update: good news: got an e-mail from the potential client and we're gonna meet with the owner of the business (a local pool builder) next week. It's not a done deal by any stretch, but at least we'll get a chance to meet and discuss the project further and see how he wants to proceed. Could be anything from a complete redesign from scratch or a simple-and-quick reorganization of his site. Thanks so much for the prayers.

"Prayer for Jobs"

I definately will pray for your efforts in finding work. I know it is difficult. One reason I say this is because I look at my home town paper on line and all the church's are listed with the ones that also have a website. Out of all the church's there only two have a website. This is sad because so many do not realize how much this is needed TODAY.
Will pray God opens doors.

Back