Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[__ Prayer __] Peace and Confirmation...

klcon

Hi, I'm a new member and am looking for added prayer and support. I recently lost my mother to cancer in which she suffered from terribly. She was incoherent for several weeks while in the hospital and then later under the care of Hospice. 3 to 5 days prior to her being admitted into the hospital she and I had a talk about Jesus, I put the story of Jesus into the simplest of terms by explaining to her that belief in God is not what allows you into Heaven, the acceptance of His Son Christ is. She didn’t say much and just looked at me in thought...the very next night she shared with me that she and Jesus had a long talk for several hours and kept thanking me for telling that to her in the way that I did and that no one else had ever explained it to her in that manner. The next night a Pastor came to pray over her and she shared with him that she accepted Christ 2 nights ago...in just a couple of days she was admitted into the hospital and heavily medicated for the remainder of her life. I never got to have her back in her right mind to continue to discuss her place in eternity again. I know with what I have shared I should be content with knowing my mother is in the presence of God but the enemy picks at me and places doubt in my heart and before long it consumes me. I'm not sure if it is because I couldn't further my talks with her to hear her say to me directly that she knew the Lord and knew Him in her heart as her Lord and Savior or what but I want to have complete peace knowing that the Lord graced her in her very last moments of coherency to be able to accept Him as her Savior. As I type this it sounds silly to even be asking for these added prayers as I feel comfort of where she is, however,tomorrow may be a different story, tomorrow I may wreck myself crying out forpeace, asking Him "did I say enough to her", "did I say the right things", "was it enough"???. Thank you for your prayers and Iwelcome words of confirmation and scripture as well...Thank You and God Bless!

Dear klcon, it is indeed wonderful you had the opportunity to hear the very words of your mother having received Jesus as her Savior, and remember that it is God taking what we are faithful to share and bringing it to fruition.

1 Corinthians 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith . .

Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship . .

You can be at peace that God has her in eternity as His own and you were involved in that. The last thing to go even though a person is not seemingly aware in our presence is their hearing; many waking from comas have related word for word that said to them by others. I personally do not think for a moment all that occurred was not in God's control for her and your good; He knew you needed that confirmation of her salvation, and we can praise God for His great grace.

Dear Father, please give klcon the peace that passes understanding, and the joy that comes with our faith in You that all things work together for good to those of us which love you. Father, thank You that you have received this loved mother to You, and have brought klcon here. Please bring healing to this life and bring them to your perfect will in Jesus' name. Amen.

Hi, klcon, and welcome to CFnet. I am sorry to learn of the loss of your mom.

Based on the details you have provided, you provided the most precious gift you could ever gift anyone: you gave the Truth to your mom, and she followed through with a long talk with Jesus. Absolutely beautiful!

You said the 'right things,' and it 'was enough' because of your mom's thanks to you afterwards. Please do not allow any uncertainties to gnaw at you; these uncertainties are mere lies designed to torment you, to create doubt within you concerning your mom's eternal salvation. Those lies have no power over you, because you belong to our Lord God, just as your Mom does. Embrace the joyful peace that is yours, for doing our Lord's great commission!

Blessings!

Back