Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

people who make too many assumptions

addonai

I don't know what to do.
These worldly people, they simply don't know what humility means.

When I'm good at something, they praise me, too much, I feel uncomfortable getting praise. It's fine few compliments here and there, what they notice, and be done with it. But there is one person who continually make me sick. He is constantly trying to either put me down, or raise me too much, is making unrealistic expectations of me, and portraying on me.

Like.. I'm diligently studying.. nice, silent, doing my thing.. not bothering anyone...

and this person, constantly bug me "you're high IQ..".. (because I also have strong character, and some will, determination and seriousness, which is maybe unseen at college age).. and this person, go on, and talk to everyone in existence, he tells everyone "i'm high IQ.. "...
But I never said anything about that !
And then, he complains, " why I'm telling everyone I have high IQ, when I don't have official IQ test on paper to prove it, this is all just talk from me.. ".
Like, I was in shock... hell, i never said that.

It's true I love to study, but I'm not bragging about it. I said I just love to prove my "intelligence" through work. And to this person, that was literally puzzling, and couldn't understand. So it was easier for him to put me in some boxes, if I have high IQ ?? which I never said I have.. But what I should do ?
Tell him, I'm stupid, nerdy, and act like a fool ? Because I don't deserve or have right to act more intelligent if I don't have IQ or some proof, like I'm not allowed to have strong character or morals, if I'm not rich.
He just sees it as like I'm acting and faking it.

What do they want. Me to be like in high school, where everyone could mock me ? Is it ?

And after some time, that bugging, just led me to go take that official IQ test, and.. I'm simply normal.
So he was disappointed.
And just more sceptic of me..

He was making moves too fast. He was telling me, how I was his best friend, even though I haven't considered him friend.
Because he's like gossipers. He knows everyone, he needs to know everything, he needs to know what someone is doing with their life...

And I'm not allowed to just develop.
It's either I don't know anything, thus I'm stupid, or, I know everything, so I'm "acting too arrogant".

Damn this person, why they are projecting so much ?

I blocked him for long time, but it's just a nature, that I need some info from him, as he knows everything ...
He befriended everyone. Like, friends of everybody.
I feel like, he's literally a tempter, setting too high expectations for others...

He's talking that way to other people as well. When someone does good, he calls them "elite", "phD"... etc..
and when not, then just ignores...

So, he's literally, acting proud of little things he does well, and things he doesn't, he's silent. Exactly, like some people say "they tell you just what they want you to hear".

And worst part is he's stalking me online. Like, it's not problem if he encounters something online if he's searching it in privacy. But when he's bringing it in conversation ! That's so off putting, and he act like it's normal !!
Like, "hey, I've noticed your twitter post 4 years ago.. what you said.. ". Like hell ! (that means he read all my twitter posts, like crazy ! )
And it's like, if I say "I don't have pinterest", they would say "you have".
Damn ! That's really too much !

And then this person is telling me, I'm bragging, because I have too much activity on search on my name. Namely, he doesn't like, that he can see many posts, that link to my name, I should improve security. Like, why is that his problem, and why is he telling me, how much of stalker he is !

I said to him "you're stalker". And he's trying to justify it... But it really is a problem, when I feel unease to post anything under my name, because this person will check every day for any new updates, and judge me, and tell me his opinion nobody asked for. (that's how I feel)

I would be pretty ashamed, to mention someone "I looked up your name on google, and saw what you said, I'm offended because I now know what opinion you hold on some matter". Like, I found out, he likes ISIS.. I would just, close it, and won't mention in conversation, or god forbid, gossip about it behind his back.

But looks like, these sinful people don't know for these boundaries or to respect different opinions.

I'm sick of this person. But I need advice, I know I will encounter people like these again.
And will need to work with them.
How do I manage ?

Last edited by a moderator:
But there is one person who continually make me sick. He is constantly trying to either put me down, or raise me too much, is making unrealistic expectations of me, and portraying on me.

Where is this happening, at college, at church or at work?

Check out the official protocols for harassment, bullying etc and if there are rules and practices.
Then document what he is saying and doing, even using your phone to record what he is saying to you, if possible get other people to make witness statements about what he's said to them about you or what they've seen or heard him say to you. You'll probably find other people are experiencing the same treatment from him.

Then make an official complaint.

Otherwise again have documentary proof of his contradictory actions and have a public row with him, showing him his lies, etc.
From the sound of him he is a needy person making himself feel good through his harassment of others.

Where is this happening, at college, at church or at work?

Check out the official protocols for harassment, bullying etc and if there are rules and practices.
Then document what he is saying and doing, even using your phone to record what he is saying to you, if possible get other people to make witness statements about what he's said to them about you or what they've seen or heard him say to you. You'll probably find other people are experiencing the same treatment from him.

Then make an official complaint.

Otherwise again have documentary proof of his contradictory actions and have a public row with him, showing him his lies, etc.
From the sound of him he is a needy person making himself feel good through his harassment of others.
In college. He's trying to be everyone's friend. But it's simply too broad of request.
It makes him less trustworthy, if he can befriend everyone just like that.. (because, he probably bonds with others with gossip about others.. )

I don't know what to do.

When I'm good at something, they praise me, too much, I feel uncomfortable getting praise. It's fine few compliments here and there, what they notice, and be done with it. But there is one person who continually make me sick. He is constantly trying to either put me down, or raise me too much, is making unrealistic expectations of me, and portraying on me.

Like.. I'm diligently studying.. nice, silent, doing my thing.. not bothering anyone...

and this person, constantly bug me "you're high IQ..".. (because I also have strong character, and some will, determination and seriousness, which is maybe unseen at college age).. and this person, go on, and talk to everyone in existence, he tells everyone "i'm high IQ.. "...
And then, he complains, " why I'm telling everyone I have high IQ, when I don't have official IQ test on paper to prove it, this is all just talk from me.. ".

It's true I love to study, but I'm not bragging about it. I said I just love to prove my "intelligence" through work. And to this person, that was literally puzzling, and couldn't understand. So it was easier for him to put me in some boxes, if I have high IQ ?? which I never said I have.. But what I should do ?
Tell him, I'm stupid, nerdy, and act like a fool ? Because I don't deserve or have right to act more intelligent if I don't have IQ or some proof, like I'm not allowed to have strong character or morals, if I'm not rich.

What do they want. Me to be like in high school, where everyone could mock me ? Is it ?

And after some time, that bugging, just led me to go take that official IQ test, and.. I'm simply normal.
So he was disappointed.

He was making moves too fast. He was telling me, how I was his best friend, even though I haven't considered him friend.
Because he's like gossipers. He knows everyone, he needs to know everything, he needs to know what someone is doing with their life...

It's either I don't know anything, thus I'm stupid, or, I know everything, so I'm "acting too arrogant".

I blocked him for long time, but it's just a nature, that I need some info from him, as he knows everything ...
I feel like, he's literally a tempter, setting too high expectations for others...

He's talking that way to other people as well. When someone does good, he calls them "elite", "phD"... etc..

So, he's literally, acting proud of little things he does well, and things he doesn't, he's silent. Exactly, like some people say "they tell you just what they want you to hear".

And worst part is he's stalking me online. Like, it's not problem if he encounters something online if he's searching it in privacy. But when he's bringing it in conversation ! That's so off putting, and he act like it's normal !!
Like, "hey, I've noticed your twitter post 4 years ago.. what you said.. ". Like hell ! (that means he read all my twitter posts, like crazy ! )

And then this person is telling me, I'm bragging, because I have too much activity on search on my name. Namely, he doesn't like, that he can see many posts, that link to my name, I should improve security. Like, why is that his problem, and why is he telling me, how much of stalker he is !

I said to him "you're stalker". And he's trying to justify it... But it really is a problem, when I feel unease to post anything under my name, because this person will check every day for any new updates, and judge me, and tell me his opinion nobody asked for. (that's how I feel)

I would be pretty ashamed, to mention someone "I looked up your name on google, and saw what you said, I'm offended because I now know what opinion you hold on some matter". Like, I found out, he likes ISIS.. I would just, close it, and won't mention in conversation, or god forbid, gossip about it behind his back.

But looks like, these sinful people don't know for these boundaries or to respect different opinions.

I'm sick of this person. But I need advice, I know I will encounter people like these again.
How do I manage ?
What makes it impossible for you to just ignore him ?
Keep up the good work, and the right people will notice.

Where is God in all that you've described?

If He seems to be absent, why do you think that is? He doesn't want to be absent but the Hub around which your life revolves.

What do you think such a life, a life with God as it's Center, would be like?

I don't know what to do.

So he was disappointed.

How do I manage ?
Word to the wise. Humility can also be expressed in how one receives praise. Is it humble to vent about it? Food for thought.

Back