Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Please critique my definitions

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Cyberseeker

Hello again,

Please critique my definitions. I don't want to start another argument on the merits of either system - just want to know if I've worded it right. Also I have a word limit of 100 words per definition so I can’t go into too much detail.

• The Pre-millennial View teaches that the second coming of Christ will come before the millennium and that he will establish a literal earthly kingdom. This Kingdom will be centered in Jerusalem from where he will rule the whole earth. At the end of the 1000 year reign Satan will be loosed for a short season and will attempt to overthrow the kingdom but will fail. At this stage there will be a massive conflict culminating in the destruction of our present world and the creation of a new heavens and earth.

[/*:m:258b3]
  • The A-millennial View considers the term ‘thousand’ in Revelation 20 as figurative - representing a long, indeterminable period from Christ unto his second coming. During this ‘millennial period’ the New Testament harvest is reaped, then, in the latter days, Satan will be loosed for a season resulting in deception and apostasy. After that Christ will return and the earth will be consumed in fire. It will not survive the cataclysms to stand for another 1000 years. Instead there will be a new heavens and earth in which the righteous will dwell with God eternally.[/*:m:258b3]

Look all right?

Thanks,

Cyber

Two things I noticed;

1- At this stage there will be a massive conflict culminating in the destruction of our present world and the creation of a new heavens and earth.

Rev 20:9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

It doesn't look like much of a conflict to me. :wink: It reminds me of stepping on an ant. :-D

2- It will not survive the cataclysms to stand for another 1000 years

Someone correct me, but I don't believe there is a literal 1,000 year period anywhere in the Amillennial view.

Whether or not God is fishing for trout is not as important as whether or not it is "catch and release" or fit for winding up in HIS creel. 8-)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back