Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Please pray for my grandfather

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jeff77

Please pray for my grandfather as he is probably nearing the last few days of his time here on earth. I went to visit him yesterday and he has lost over 50 pounds since his health started going downhill. Just pray for him to go peacefully. He said he is ready and knows we will see each other again one day.

Praise God who is able to give us peace in these times, and the healing only He can ensure to our loved ones when we ask. I also thank God for you having love to reach out for his deliverance in his time of need. Thank You Father for hearing our prayers, and for giving him the faith to trust in You for his safekeeping. To me this is always so beautiful when we see the evidence of a life lived for Christ, along with the reward of peace given those who love Him. The home-going of His saints should always be something we hope we can celebrate. Below are a couple beautiful hymns for such thoughts.

Brother Jeff, may God bless these days to your grandfather and your family as part of the heritage and testimony he leaves in Jesus' name. Please keep us advised.
:wave2

Jeff, I love old grandfathers because I'm one myself, and in my last days, lost about 30 lb. and not feeling very well. I say that because I know a little about what your Grandfather is going thru....Jesus, please let this old Saint spend his last days with little pain and concern of coming home. If it could be that He could come to You soon, that would be an answer to prayer so that he won't have to suffer great discomfort. Thank you Jesus.

Thanks everyone for your prayers. I'm just glad that I got to see him yesterday. We visit him about once a month and he lives about 2 hours away. Two weeks ago he was up and walking around but starts losing weight so my mother took him to the dr. Turns out he has cancer spread all over and in a matter of days he became so weak that he can barely move. At least he is in his own home and he is 87 years old.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, jeff77, your family, and particularly with your grandfather during these days. May our Lord bring His peace and comforting love to each of you.

I got a call from my mom this morning that Kermit my Grandfather passed away late last night in his sleep. This has been a tough one for me probably because he was the grandparent I spent the most time with and he is also the last of the four. He told my mom that he is saved and we will see each other again one day. Thanks for all your prayers. God bless

jeff77 , am sorry to learn of your Grandfather's passing. How beautifully he left, tho ... in his sleep, peacefully. This is very special, and offers a level of comfort for his loved ones and friends. Knowing your Grandfather was a member of our Lord's family is so wonderful!

Prayers continue for you & your family as you go through the healing process, that our Lord provides you with the loveliest of memories of your Grandfather so he will never be any further away than your thoughts.

Be blessed!

Thank you Brother Jeff for the good report of a saint gone home. I pray that his life as an inheritance to the family affects the members to an ever increasing dedicated walk with our Lord during the celebration of his life. May God richly bless this time to you all in Jesus' name.
:wave2

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back