Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

[__ Prayer __] Please pray for my job

C

cubedbee

God has blessed me with a wonderful job right out of college. Unfortunately, I have been slacking and not trying my hardest for the past several months. I went from giving my all to giving the minimum needed to placate my boss for a week. I've gradually fallen behind in longer term projects that I should be working on, concentrating instead on only what is next due. I've also asked extensions and handed several things in late. I'm not on the verge of being fired, yet, but I know I have let my boss down and not contributed to the team as I should.

Some part of me knew this attitude was wrong, but I selfishly still did it. Recently though, God has really opened my eyes and convicted me that I need to change. It's not going to be easy though, and I would appreciate your prayers, both to help my heart and attitude to stay right, and to help me to pull myself out of the hole I've dug myself with respect to work.

P.S. A large part of my problem is the internet. I spend way too much time online at work. This site is part of the problem, as a lot of my posting is done during the work day. Posting here is way more thoughtprovoking and interesting than work. I need to stay away though and just post in the mornings and evenings.

B^3, If you make God the focus of your life, then I think you'll be fine. Dear Lord, please allow Cubedbee to serve you in all he does with a similar will to glorify your name. In Christ's name we pray, amen.

I will be praying for you cubedbee, and if I see you here after morning and before evening I am going to call you on it.... :lol:

It is great the hear that the Lord has blessed you with a wonderful job right out of college. Your blessing is no doubt a wonderful thing because, I am sure you are aware, many college graduates often struggle to find work right after college…so good for you.

As for slacking off on your responsibilities I completely understand because like many others you have just fallen victim to taking the blessing of the Lord for granted. It is good to hear that you are mindful of your mistake and take full responsibility for it. I will definitely pray for you.

Thanks for the prayers. Made it to lunch without posting. Although, I'll admit that I did pop in for a few minutes to see what others were writing earlier. The accountability thing is a great idea. Please chastise me if you see me posting during the day. I shouldn't be on here from ~9-11:30 and from 12:30-5:30 eastern time. I eat lunch at my desk a lot, and am going to try to get my midday fix then. Thanks everyone.

Back