Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] please pray for us...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hi everyone. My boyfriend and I have been dating for a little over 4 years now. We know without a doubt that the Lord intends for us to be together. The problem is, he can't find a job, and he's been without one for quite some time. (He lives in a town with VERY few jobs available, and he can't really travel because he doesn't have a licence) We want to get married with all our hearts, and we feel like God is telling us to go ahead and get married, b/c when we do, that's when things will start to work out. It's been SO frustrating the last several years. Everytime it looks like things are about to turn around and go right, everything falls apart again. Over and over and over again, failure after failure after failure. It's like this, things won't start working out until we get marrried, but we can't get married until things start working out. Like I said, we truely think God is telling us to go ahead and get married (yes, we atleast have a place to live), but how can we get married when he doesn't have a job, and I don't make very much money? Anyway, if you guys could just pray for us, for him to find a job, and for things to just start working out, I would appreciate it, b/c I'm so frustrated and discouraged. :mad

Hey Nina, :wave

Since you're absolutely sure that God wants you and your boyfriend to get married, then you can also trust God to make a way for you.... Perhaps you are facing obstacles because it's not God's timing yet. But you can be rest assured that despite the adversities and failures you are going through, God is able to turn around the situations for He works all things for good for those who love Him (Romans 8:28). Try not to rush into marriage even though you've known each other for 4 years. Sometimes God puts obstacles or allows obstacles for good reasons. I know a friend who married her boyfriend after dating him for 10 years, but still their marriage fell apart within 3 months ... :verysad

Anyway, praying for you ..... :pray :pray

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back