Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Pork Belly?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Barbarian

Got some pork belly today at Costco. Cut it into 3 inch pieces, rubbed it with a good pork rib rub, and baked it at 400 degrees F for about 35 minutes, just short of burning. I then brushed it with a sweet BBQ sauce, and put it back in for about 5 minutes.

Fat had pretty much rendered out of it, and it was tender and good.

Sorry, no picture. By the time I thought about it, it was all gone.

Got some pork belly today at Costco. Cut it into 3 inch pieces, rubbed it with a good pork rib rub, and baked it at 400 degrees F for about 35 minutes, just short of burning. I then brushed it with a sweet BBQ sauce, and put it back in for about 5 minutes.

Fat had pretty much rendered out of it, and it was tender and good.

Sorry, no picture. By the time I thought about it, it was all gone.

Sure sounds good. I'm going to have to try it.

Quantrill

Sure sounds good. I'm going to have to try it.

Quantrill
I should say that the pork belly was packaged, cut into strips like very thick bacon (which it would be if it was smoked), so I didn't need much time to bake it.

I'm planning on doing this again, chopped as a filling for baked potato with some shredded sharp cheddar.

It's always so good when it's cooked for a while. I don't think I've had good BBQ pork for a long time. I bet it's tasty. I like a big cut of pork shoulder in the crockpot for 10 hours.

I should say that the pork belly was packaged, cut into strips like very thick bacon (which it would be if it was smoked), so I didn't need much time to bake it.

I'm planning on doing this again, chopped as a filling for baked potato with some shredded sharp cheddar.

I'm sure I've ate it before, though I didn't know what the part was called. I raised a few hogs in the past and would slaughter and butcher some myself instead of taking them to the slaughter house. But I am no professional butcher.

Once I tried to take the part of hog where you get the bacon from to the slaughter house so they could cure it and slice it up. But they told me I didn't cut it right and they couldn't do it. So I had them just use it to make ground pork.

Is the pork belly you buy cured?

Quantrill

51130430886_ac4fb80678_c.jpg

With kale and red cabbage.

Back