Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Portrait of a Foolish woman

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
S

saved

Portrait of a Foolish Woman
The more I study the ways of God, the more sobered I am by the incredible influence we as women have in our homesâ€â€for good or for evil. The Scripture puts it this way: “The wise woman builds her house, but with her hands the foolish one tears hers down†(Prov. 14:1). There are two kinds of women in this worldâ€â€wise and foolish. At any given moment, you and I are either wise or foolish women; whether we realize it or not, we are either building our “houseâ€Ââ€â€our immediate sphere of influenceâ€â€or we are tearing it down.
Click the link to find out which you are.
Wise or Foolish

its the wayward woman God warns about in proverbs...not the man.

This article kinda made it seem like a woman is sinful if she does anything besides lift her man up....hopefuly that's not the case. I mean I'm fixing to get a job at the homelss shelter in my town (I just have to wait for an opening in a week or so, someone's moving), and I really don't think God is mad at me for it! In fact I think he's calling me to do it. Plus, how can mommy working at a homeless shelter do anything but give a fabulous example to my kid? Plus I encourage my husband, and definitely don't try to destroy him. I mean this article isn't saying that is it? That women are evil if they do anything but keep the house and lift her man up? Please tell me that the Christian view isn't that women are nothing without their husbands!

I didn't read the article, Ana'riel, but often times Saved references material that is almost Amish or Puritan in regards to women. That wouldn't be the norm.

BL

Oh, I'm foolish according to that article. I'm glad I live my life according to the Bible instead. :biggrin

I thought it was a very good article; it challenged me in several areas. Thank you for posting it; it's confirmed some things God's been trying to get my attention on - about living according to my carnal nature or being led by the Spirit. There's a lot in there that applies to men as well.

I don't see it about 'limiting' women or in saying that it's wrong for a woman to work outside the home (let's face it, you can be a homekeeper and still not have the right attitude). It challenges us to be faithful and wise in the small things and 'to be holy,' not in a legalistic sense but between our heart and God - the way He wants us to be. It cuts across some of our cultural norms, sure, but is that necessarily a bad thing?

Jules

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back