Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Depending upon the Holy Spirit for all you do?

Read through the following study by Tenchi for more on this topic

https://christianforums.net/threads/without-the-holy-spirit-we-can-do-nothing.109419/

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

https://christianforums.net/forums/questions-and-answers/

• How are famous preachers sometimes effected by sin?

Join Sola Scriptura for a discussion on the subject

https://christianforums.net/threads/anointed-preaching-teaching.109331/#post-1912042

Pressing On Is So Worth It

hldude

YouTube Channel Video Devo

“Pressing On Is So Worth It”
Philippians 3:12-14 NIV
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

As I’ve mentioned in the recent past, I decided to take up running again and get back into better shape. Since mid-April, I’ve been focusing my attention on conditioning my body to prepare for the Mankato 5K coming up Oct 18. As I’ve continued to run and prepare, I’ve been learning so many things and remembering running when I was younger as I did track and cross country.

I’ve remembered how hard it is a lot of times to keep going, even when you feel like giving up at times. Depending on the weather of certain days or how tired I am, some days I do better running, while other days not so much. Recently, I increased my distance to better prepare for the 5K. I’m finding out I’m not as young as I used to be! It’s hard work! I do enjoy doing this, but it’s also very hard some days. Pacing myself, controlling my breathing and just keeping in mind that it will get better as I improve.

I think about the words of the Apostle Paul as he talked about pressing on and keeping focused on the prize! I often have to remind myself of this while I’m running. I think so much about how it’s hard to do this, but I haven’t run for so many years and just now getting back into it. It’s going to take time and I need to work through the obstacles I face each time I run. I often get halfway through and I’m thinking, “Shouldn’t this be getting easier?” I have to remember that it will and I just have to keep going and keep my focus.

So often in our lives, we must remember that we need to keep our focus on Christ and keep striving and pressing on. Times get tough, but we get back up and keep going. I have been getting so focused on my time in running and getting aggravated if I’m not doing better. My wife reminds me, “Hey, you just started running again. At least you’re keeping at it and you’re finishing!” I gotta remember that I’m getting there and I will improve with time. A couple guys from church have been encouraging me lately with my running as they are runners, too.

I know that pressing on is so worth it! God wants us to press on and focus on what’s ahead, not on the struggles we’ve had in the past. We just gotta keep going and keep plugging away! God is with us every step of the way. Pressing on can be downright tough at times, but it’s so worth the pain we feel along the way. When I get done with my daily jogs, my body feels better. But, during the run, it’s hard and I just gotta keep going. Keep my pace, keep at it and the improvements will come. We all need to keep pressing on!

Back