Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

psalm 23 part 1

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd.

MY SHEPHERD

This is probably the best-known psalm of all the wonderful 150, people can often quote this verse by verse.

We are going to see how the first words, play out in practice.

The author, well who better than a shepherd, David knew about being a shepherd and the Holy Spirit used his experience to write these inspired and blessed verses.

He starts out with this statement, the Lord is my shepherd, he was an expert in shepherding sheep, but here he was acknowledging that is the Lord who was His shepherd.

Everything flows from our relationship with the shepherd, he provides for us, he protects us and gives us all blessings.

But it starts, with this question; Is he your shepherd?

The whole thrust of this psalm, is the relationship between the shepherd and his sheep, it is an intimate and personal one. Have you an intimate and personal relationship with the Lord and are able to call him.. my shepherd.

God bless you

Keith

1.The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want

NEEDING NOTHING BUT THE LORD

In the first devotion of this series, we saw how personal, the Lord was. He was my shepherd.

Being a shepherd was a lonely business sometimes, David had to look after the sheep on his own, there must have been times that he ran out of food for himself, but he like us, knows that the Lord and him alone is his provider.

When we know the Lord is our shepherd, we will never be in want, because our Father knows what we need, even before we ask Him.. amen.

When we ask him, he will give us the right thing at just the right time. I have seen God provide, so many times during my time in China. He brings students to the class, the right students, the right number at the right time.

We can trust God, because he is our shepherd, the sheep have complete trust of their shepherd, if we do the same, we will be able to say:

I shall not want or I shall never lack any good thing.

Amen.

God alone is our Jehovah Jireh.. our provider, not the church or your friends, although he uses these two avenues.

God provides everything for his sheep. Praise his holy name.

God bless you

Keith

Back