Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Question about sin and salvation

What do you say?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$905.00
Goal
$1,038.00
evanman said:
saved said:
evanman said:
The Bible makes no mention of people being Homosexual or heterosexual.

The sin of fornication includes sodomy, promiscuity and all forms of sexual practices outside of Marriage.

You have to be kidding. Try reading the bible and you will see what it says.
It is true that the word homosexual is a modern day word to discribe sexual relations between people of the same sex, so sodomy is iused, but the term homosexual is a valid word to discribe the same term.

I was not kidding. The Bible is quite clear about what constitutes sin and what does not. There are a number of people that indulge in the act of Sodomy but who are not "Homosexual". There are people that are "Homosexual" and have never indulged in the act of Sodomy.

My point was that "sexuality" is not what the Bible speaks against (Homo or hetero) it is Fornication and Adultery that are sins.

For once, I agree completely with evanman.

sin and salvation

Homosexual tendencies are not any different than heterasexual tendencies.
The Lord clearly commanded that we live NOT according to the flesh.
I can't sleep with any woman, out of marriage, and use 'THE LOVE OF GOD' phrase to justify my actions. If heterasexuals have to battle with heterasexual passions, then homosexauls have to battle with homosexaul passions.
The O.T. law applies to ALL men and women. I'm sorry people, but it makes upset to see people flash the 'GOD LOVES EVERYONE' banner to justify their ways of living.

evanman,

I haven't been following the thread, but this I found interesting:

The Bible makes no mention of people being Homosexual or heterosexual.

Although the Bible may not use the words "homosexual" or "heterosexual," it clearly uses language that distinguishes the two. The very act of sex and any talk of it in Scripture, presumes a heterosexual relationship. And the same goes for marriage. The Bible clearly does speak against homosexuality as well as any sexual practices outside of marriage.

Re: sin and salvation

Anthony2000 said:
I can't sleep with any woman, out of marriage, and use 'THE LOVE OF GOD' phrase to justify my actions. If heterasexuals have to battle with heterasexual passions, then homosexauls have to battle with homosexaul passions.
The O.T. law applies to ALL men and women. I'm sorry people, but it makes upset to see people flash the 'GOD LOVES EVERYONE' banner to justify their ways of living.

I haven't seen any justifying in this thread.....What are you referring to exactly??

Re: sin and salvation

Anthony2000 said:

yeah i totally agree, the "god loves everyone" is indeed somtimes used as a "its ok" device. but more often its used in context of forgivness, such as "i really screwed up, god i need your help, cuz i cant do this on my own" then its "god does love you so he will forgive you no matter what you do".
anyone that starts using the "god loves you no matter what" as an excuse to sin needs to realize two things,

#1 they are hurting the Spirit of God (emotionally)

#2 they are really hurting themselves by doing this

their life will slowly erode and their spirituall well being will be highly damaged. plus i think it needs to be said that the spirit of god will continue to convict the person for their sins, even if they tell themselves that "its ok" people often will act like its ok, but inside they question themselves and really they are looking for other believers to say "yeah its ok". the strongest answer i have to this is to ask "well... have you prayed about this?" that usually gets them, and while i cant personally reach inside and change people's hearts, god has the power to convict them and begin his work in changing them.

In Him
Illidan

saved said:
There is no such thing as a non practicing homosexual. They are either a homosexual or they are not. A homosexual is someone who practices the sin.

No, a homosexual is a person who is incapable of having feelings for the opposite sex, they are only able to have sexual and romantic feelings for the same sex. Your idea of it sort of demeans their whole struggle.

stray bullet said:
saved said:
There is no such thing as a non practicing homosexual. They are either a homosexual or they are not. A homosexual is someone who practices the sin.

No, a homosexual is a person who is incapable of having feelings for the opposite sex, they are only able to have sexual and romantic feelings for the same sex. Your idea of it sort of demeans their whole struggle.

Very modern and very wrong. They struggle against God, they demean God when they shake fists saying, 'we know better.'

Jason said:
stray bullet said:
saved said:

Very modern and very wrong. They struggle against God, they demean God when they shake fists saying, 'we know better.'

noun, "having a sexual attraction to persons of the same sex"

No, a homosexual is just someone that has attractions. What else are you going to call someone incapable of having romantic feelings for the opposite sex?

Does believing gays hate God make you feel better about your attitude towards us?

No, a homosexual is just someone that has attractions. What else are you going to call someone incapable of having romantic feelings for the opposite sex?

How many people call themselves homosexuals and do not practice homosexual sex (yourself not included)?

Very few indeed.

stray bullet

Not true at all, there is no such thing as someone that can not have feelings for the oposite sex, that is how God made us. No one is born gay, no one is gay by nature, it is all by choice and derived out of sin, and is a lie right out hell.

The struggle my friend is not to be accepted, but to break the chains and expose the lie to become free of the sin of homosexuality. Praise the Lord it happens all the time.

A long time ago, a man stood in Church and said " I used to call my self gay, and thought that was how God made me. But when I met Jesus he opened my eyes and I could see that is not how God made us to be, and it was all a lie from satan, and now I will not say that I am gay anymore"

And he is not alone, there are many men that have learned the lie of this lifestyle and been freed of it, and are not gay anymore.

Again the struggle is the break free from the lie.

Knowing that indulging in sexual acts outside of Biblical marriage is sin, That should be enough to pursuade anyone that Sodomy, Fornication and Adultery are not only against God, but also against one's own self.

1Co 6:18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

Back