Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

reach and teach devotions

1 TIMOTHY 1

16 But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as an example to show everyone how patient he is with even the worst sinners, so that others will realize that they too, can have everlasting life. (living bible)

The Goal of Mercy

Mercy is God’s compassion demonstrated in the pardoning of sinners.

Of all the people in the New Testament, Paul was the ultimate example of God's mercy. Prior to his conversion, Paul was a member of a religious sect known as the Pharisees. But he was no ordinary Pharisee. Paul was a Pharisee on a mission…a mission to destroy the church of Jesus Christ. Consider this account of Paul in Acts 8:1-3 (Living Bible):

1 And a great wave of persecution of the believers began that day, sweeping over the church in Jerusalem, and everyone except the apostles fled into Judea and Samaria. 2 (But some godly Jews came and with great sorrow buried Stephen.) 3 Paul was like a wild man, going everywhere to devastate the believers, even entering private homes and dragging out men and women alike and jailing them.
Fast Forward 30 years and you have Paul, the great Missionary to the Gentiles writing to his son in the faith, Timothy, about the mercy of God. After all of those years, Paul never forgot about the day God showed mercy to him on the road to Damascus. And like Paul may we never forget the moment that our God showed us mercy and brought us into His divine family.
Why does He show mercy to us? Why does He save us?
He saves us to show people that his grace and mercy can save even the worst sinners. Sinners like you and like me. There is no one beyond the reach of God's mercy. God saved us to show the world that His love is real and that His mercy is available to all.
You and I are the evidence that God is merciful and gracious. May we live in such a way that others will be drawn to the amazing grace of our amazing God.

God bless you

Keith

1 TIMOTHY 1

17 Now to the King of the ages [eternal], immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

ALL GLORY TO GOD?

What is the ultimate point of salvation?

Why does God save us?

The reason God saves us is because He chooses to save us. Instead of giving us what we deserve He gives us what we need, His mercy. But for what purpose? To bring glory to Himself. Look at the following passage:

6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, 7 in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:6-7 (NIV)

Also consider 2 Corinthians 4:6-7

6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.
Check out the end of verse 7, that "the excellency of the power may be of God and not us.” Salvation is for the sinner, but the glory belongs to God.
It is verses 12-16 that produces the praise of verse 17:
12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service. 13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief.14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.15 Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. 16 But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patienceas an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life.

All of us have a time in which we experienced verses 12-16. But thank God that we now live in verse 17: "Now to the King of the ages [eternal], immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen."
May we live in such a way that others will see the joy of our salvation in Christ Jesus our Lord and give glory to God.

God bless you

Keith

THE BOTTOM LINE

https://www.tblfaithnews.com/category/tbl-china

Back