Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Ready to date

Hello All,
I am in my twenties and I have never been in a relationship before. I am back in the dating scene now after I stopped talking to a guy about 2 weeks ago because of arguments we have been having. We did not stop talking because of this but while I was talking to him I had a lot of anxiety and worry about being in a relationship and "what ifs" for example what if when I get in relationship I start idolizing him or what if as soon as I say yes to being in a relationship God tells me no. Just lots of worry and anxiety over many things. Again, this was not the reason why we stopped talking but I want to make sure whoever I date next I will not have these same worries and issues. I know they will not magically go away but any advice on how to tackle these thoughts? I always pray whenever I get anxious and try to avoid looking things up online but any other tips? Also, I do not necessarily feel like I need to wait to date again and work on this because I do want to try being in a actual relationship but just curious of what anyone else thinks if I should wait to date or try again with someone else? Thanks!

Hello All,
I am in my twenties and I have never been in a relationship before. I am back in the dating scene now after I stopped talking to a guy about 2 weeks ago because of arguments we have been having. We did not stop talking because of this but while I was talking to him I had a lot of anxiety and worry about being in a relationship and "what ifs" for example what if when I get in relationship I start idolizing him or what if as soon as I say yes to being in a relationship God tells me no. Just lots of worry and anxiety over many things. Again, this was not the reason why we stopped talking but I want to make sure whoever I date next I will not have these same worries and issues. I know they will not magically go away but any advice on how to tackle these thoughts? I always pray whenever I get anxious and try to avoid looking things up online but any other tips? Also, I do not necessarily feel like I need to wait to date again and work on this because I do want to try being in a actual relationship but just curious of what anyone else thinks if I should wait to date or try again with someone else? Thanks!

Hmmm.... dating.

Welcome to Christian forums, Saving Hope, and I pray you benefit from becoming a member here.

For starters, I'm a little confused. You say you are going back to the dating scene, and yet you have not been in a relationship before? Does this mean you have looked into dating but have not done much of it, or does it mean you have dated some but nothing ever proceeded past a first few initial dates?

There's a lot of questions, actually. You are going back to dating after dismissing this guy now, or are you still hoping to work things out with him?

About God telling you no, I would definitely be praying that He reveals His will BEFORE you get involved with a man, because once you are it becomes harder to separate yourself from it.

And as for idolizing a man, spend enough time with him and that likely won't be a problem anymore, LoL.

But let me know a little more. Your situation seems a little confusing, based on just one post.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Hmmm.... dating.

Welcome to Christian forums, Saving Hope, and I pray you benefit from becoming a member here.

For starters, I'm a little confused. You say you are going back to the dating scene, and yet you have not been in a relationship before? Does this mean you have looked into dating but have not done much of it, or does it mean you have dated some but nothing ever proceeded past a first few initial dates?

There's a lot of questions, actually. You are going back to dating after dismissing this guy now, or are you still hoping to work things out with him?

About God telling you no, I would definitely be praying that He reveals His will BEFORE you get involved with a man, because once you are it becomes harder to separate yourself from it.

And as for idolizing a man, spend enough time with him and that likely won't be a problem anymore, LoL.

But let me know a little more. Your situation seems a little confusing, based on just one post.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him
I was talking to a guy for awhile but we never really actually dated. We were just stuck in the talking phase so I was I’m not going back to dating I’m more so trying it again. I am no longer interested in talking to that guy anymore and I want to pursue other options but I guess I am scared of being in an actual relationship and knowing if God wants me to be with a specific person or not.

I was talking to a guy for awhile but we never really actually dated. We were just stuck in the talking phase so I was I’m not going back to dating I’m more so trying it again. I am no longer interested in talking to that guy anymore and I want to pursue other options but I guess I am scared of being in an actual relationship and knowing if God wants me to be with a specific person or not.

Well then you strengthen your relationship with God so that you can hear Him all the more clearly, and pray every day that He guides you to the right one if He has someone for you.

Hello All,
Date a Christian only, a fellow believer whom you know for sure has genuine faith in Lord, don't date any unbelievers, lest you be unequally yoked and lured away from the Lord. If there's no such one available, then don't date, remain single and serve God in whatever God has called you to do.

Learn to talk to strangers that are opposite sex and over time you will the confidence to ask someone on a date. Christians are allowed to date but with the purpose to get married.

Back