Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Reflections about 911

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

golfjack

While in Church today, I asked the Lord where are we at today? He said, remember right after the Attack when people went back to church, prayed, and supported the President and America? He said, this only lasted a few months. Even my people went back to the World, with its greed and discontent. People will put their trust on the things of the World, but refuse to trust me. He said my yoke is light, and our burdens are light. I said what should we be doing? Then He referred me to some Scriptures.

Proverbs 16:16-19, where it says in verse 16, How much better to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding is to be chosen rather than silver. 17. The highway of the upright is to depart from evil; He who keeps his way preserves his soul. 18. pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. 19. Better to be of a humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

Folks, I believe the Church has to get back to basics. We should realize that without God, we are nothing. We shouldn't be acting like hypocrites to a dying world. I believe the Church should get back to the Gospel of love instead of telling them are going to hell. We should go up to the mirror, and not see us, but the face of God. And, we should cast all of our cares upon the Lord.

I will end with this Scripture: 2 Chor. 7:14. Are we doing this command? If yes, our God will restore our land. Listen to God and not our own understanding. If He abides in us, we should abide in Him.

May God bless, golfjack

Awesome post Jack.

2Ch 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Right before I read this I logged onto the National Weather Service to see if I could find out any info on the earthquake that happened 250 miles to the west of here.(Florida) When the map came up the first thing that caught my eye was the hurricane just off of the east side of the state.

I believe I shall continue to abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back