Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Remembering verses

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Some with use, some I put to music. I started reading the bible in 1973, and it just got into my heart. I can't just try to remember a verse, when I need a certain verse in a conversation, it just comes to mind. I believe that it's Holy Spirit doing that.

How do you guys remember the important verses or verses that are helpful to you?
Stay dug in that bible my friend . And worry not
about what you will say . Just learn well the bible
and wait upon the LORD and WHEN HE brings to remembrance
what you ought to say , just speak on my friend .
The LORD , the Spirit of God and of Christ indwells a lamb .
Thus worry not about what you will say
for the Glorious Father of our LORD and savoir JESUS CHRIST
will give us words . You , just stay planted daily in those scriptures ,
loving every word .

How do you guys remember the important verses or verses that are helpful to you?
I have never really set out to memorize specific verses from the Bible. I think in part it is because the entire Bible is all equally important and in my mind to memorize only small parts doesn't quite do it justice. But I do find that the more I read or listen to the Bible audibly, the more that sticks in my mind. Quite often I'll want to answer a question and certain verses or variations thereof seem to come to mind. I may not know where to find that verse so this is where modern technology really helps. Google or Bible search engines can be very helpful in located the verses that come to mind and then read the text surrounding the verses to consider the context.

I have never really set out to memorize specific verses from the Bible. I think in part it is because the entire Bible is all equally important and in my mind to memorize only small parts doesn't quite do it justice. But I do find that the more I read or listen to the Bible audibly, the more that sticks in my mind. Quite often I'll want to answer a question and certain verses or variations thereof seem to come to mind. I may not know where to find that verse so this is where modern technology really helps. Google or Bible search engines can be very helpful in located the verses that come to mind and then read the text surrounding the verses to consider the context.
Yes indeed its good to read the bible and listen to it on audio .
Feast on that holy book and let all praise the glorious Lord .

Not to take this off topic but as audio Bibles go, I really enjoy listening to the NIV Dramatized version from Zondervan. It can be found at Bible Gateway.
I have the most wonderful version to listen too my friend .
The King james dramatized version . I have become so accustomed
to the beauty of that version i can actually read it to folks in todays version
of english . Of all the versions i have ever read , It truly is by far the most accurate one . And how i love to read it to others as well .

I have the most wonderful version to listen too my friend .
The King james dramatized version . I have become so accustomed
to the beauty of that version i can actually read it to folks in todays version
of english . Of all the versions i have ever read , It truly is by far the most accurate one . And how i love to read it to others as well .
Wonderful, joyous bible reads, using the KJV, with dear brother. Praise the Lord.

Wonderful, joyous bible reads, using the KJV, with dear brother. Praise the Lord.
All one can do is point to Christ and pray hard folks will hear .
We are in the falling away now and its massive my dear sister .
While my heart weeps for many peoples , my heart also rejoices
that soon my walk will be done . One day the lambs will be in the far better .
And oh praise GOD it is and will be FAR BETTER for the lambs .
cant say that for those who rejected the true JESUS , no all i can do is weep for those .
What amazes me is how merciful GOD was to a man like myself .
Even you , even the orange and white if it had knowledge , would have fled
one like me as though i was the devil himself the way i once was .
MAN , all i see is the mercy of GOD and HOW GOOD HE IS
and HOW HE NEVER CHANGES or changed from the first page of that bible
to the last page of that bible . AND HOW I PRAISE GOD HE NEVER DID or will .
There is no difference in the GOD of the old test to the GOD and CHRIST OF THE NEW
test . I SORROW for those who think there is . But as for me , I THANK HIM
FOR WHO HE IS

Same here. I seem to have a hard time remembering the reference but reading it and meditating on it will over time cause it to be written upon your heart. Then it will seemingly automatically come to mind when I need it. I know what it says, but can't usually cite the book & verse and that's what google and Biblegateway is good for.

By review, do you mean like to make index cards and read them over and over again? (by index cards, I mean to write them in some form.)

The navigators would supply one with pre printed little cards that one could read, recite, check and try again.
By review they meant litterally go through ones stack of these cards at any available moment.

Instead of reading a book on a train, to go through some of these cards, when waiting for a lift, go through the cards, walking along a street, go through the verses.

You have seen children learning a memory verse at church. They repeat it again and again, untill it is memorised.

Do the same.

I read all the gospel, the gospel of John is the most insightful Gospel into the nature of Christ. It also helps the spiritual man in symbolic context.
I have heard that as well by J. Vernon McGee. I do not know if you know who that is but he puts it in the words of the gospel of John to be for believers. Matthew is for religious people, Luke for the thinkers, smart people, and I forget what he said about the book of Mark. I am not saying this to be a fact or anything; just interesting.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back