Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Are you taking the time to pray? Christ is the answer in times of need

https://christianforums.net/threads/psalm-70-1-save-me-o-god-lord-help-me-now.108509/

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Looking to grow in the word of God more?

See our Bible Studies and Devotionals sections in Christian Growth

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Have questions about the Christian faith?

Come ask us what's on your mind in Questions and Answers

• Wearing the right shoes, and properly clothed spiritually?

Join Elected By Him for a devotional on Ephesians 6:14-15

https://christianforums.net/threads/devotional-selecting-the-proper-shoes.109094/

Reply to Comforter & Spirit of Truth

G

Gcront

Reply to Comforter & Spirit of Truth

We find much confusion in the two time limits of prophesied time in the Book of Revelation, for here we find the forty-and two months of prophesied time given unto the Gentiles, in Rev. 11: 2.
“But the court which is within the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty four and two-months.â€Â

Then we find the power given unto the two witnesses, which shall be for a thousand two hundred and threescore days, Rev. 11:3.
“And I will give power unto my two Witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.â€Â
We find that back then there was thirty days to each month, with this the forty and two months of prophesied time counted out in days also add up to the same thousand two hundred and threescore days. Here we find the Gentiles and the two Witnesses having the same prophesied allotted time.

Then in the Book of St john, Christ said in St. John 16:7,13. “Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.â€Â
“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth; for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.â€Â

With the Gentiles and the two Witnesses having the same allotted prophesied time, we know that the days of the Gentiles started on the day of Pentecost. This is the same with the Comforter and the Spirit of Truth being the Holy Spirit, along with the two Witnesses prophesied a thousand two hundred and three score days.
Then if Elijah, Enoch or even Moses had been here on the earth from the day of Pentecost, for now going on two thousand years someone would have seen them. This is the same as Christ’s three disciples saw and knew Elijah and Moses on the day of Christ’s transfigured before them, the same as we find in St. Matt. 17:1,2,3.

“And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and dringeth them up into an high mountain apart,â€Â
“And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as light.â€Â
“And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.â€Â
I am sure if they recognize them back then with Christ, I’m sure that many of us would also recognize them today.

Go to http://www.glorifiedchrist.com for more information.
Thanks and God Bless You
Herbert

hmmmmmmm

Did the holy spirit ever talk to a single person in these 2000 or so years ??

not that i know ?

“Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.â€Â
“Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth; for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.â€Â

When jesus was raised according to the Bible the holy spirit was still there so how can he send him while he was still there ?

this is a contradiction in my veiw !

and he said he will shew you things to come !!

The holy Spirit did not speak or bring anything new since these 2000 or so years .

hmmmmmm ? i wonder why ?

Gcront,

I appreciate yur occasional posts. I would ask you to consider the following. The ONLY Holy Scriptures layout out for us time periods that describe:
1260 days
42 months
times, time and half a time
and in Daniel they are related to a "week" or "seven"
and more than that, at the mid point of a last seven, the 70th Seven, a significant thing happens in Daniel 9:24-27.

I submit to you that all of these dates that represent a half of a "Seven" are specific time periods that find their origin at the midpoint of that last and final "Seven".

Frost-X, we know you are a Muslim. Therefore, I think you have confused "resurrection" (Matthew 28:1-8, Luke 24:1-10, Mark 16:1-8, John 20:1-8) with "ascension" (Acts 1:1-11, Mark 16:19) with the promised Holy Spirit who came at Pentecost. That is recorded in Acts 2:1-13

What happens after that? Well, read the rest of Acts..... it is ALL about the work of the Holy Spirit. Read from Acts 1:1 to Acts 28:31

Even today, the Holy Spirit is active.

You too can experience the Holy Spirit. Ask and pray to God to reveal the Holy Spirit to you. God rewards honest seekers.

:) :) :)

Holy spirit

The holy spirit was already there when jesus was raised .

how can he send someone who already is there ?!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will not pray for the Holy spirit .

I don't need the Holy Spirit .

I need the Mercy of Allah and i want to gain knowledge in Islam .

For if you become a scholar in Islam not one religion on earth can beat you in debates for the truth stands !

Islam is the fastist growing religion in the world .
Islam has solutions to all problems !!!

Frost-X said:
For if you become a scholar in Islam not one religion on earth can beat you in debates for the truth stands !

Utter rubbish! Many Muslims have been soundly defeated in debates.

Secondly, you STILL make the very basic mistake. You offer NO proof of what you write.

You said:

Frost-X said:
The holy spirit was already there when jesus was raised .

What I have shown is that Jesus promised the Holy Spirit AFTER He ascended (not after His resurrection).

If you want to prove something, you need to bring Scripture chapter/verse.

Or like you have done already, your claim is worthless as you offer no references.

We know you are a Muslim. Therefore, I think you have confused "resurrection" (Matthew 28:1-8, Luke 24:1-10, Mark 16:1-8, John 20:1-8) with "ascension" (Acts 1:1-11, Mark 16:19) with the promised Holy Spirit who came at Pentecost. That is recorded in Acts 2:1-13

:)

Hi Frost-X,
We are serving a God, the God of Jehovah, and the God that have love for all men. Our God does not rejoice in telling his children to go out and kill all Muslims, for our God love all men of whom he had once created in his very own image.

For our God have eternal love for all men, this is why our God gave his one and only begotten Son Jesus Christ, that all men might have eternal life through his beloved Son. God did not only give his Son for me, but he also gave him for you, and all others that are willing to accept this great love.

This is the blood that we must accept for our own redemption; this was given only by God’s very own godly Son, not from some atonement of one of his prophets that was only from and by some man. The only way that man might find this eternal life is by the power and will of only going through some great God, and not by some prophet that came only by the will of man.

Bless you from a God of love
Herbert

books and verses...which is it?

If you want to prove something, you need to bring Scripture chapter/verse

Matthew 1:18….Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.
Luke 1:26-27….And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin’s name was Mary.
(So, in the miraculous birth of Jesus, Matthew mentioned the Holy Ghost and Luke mentioned the angel Gabriel. What is the Holy Ghost then?)…..the ministers say Angel Gabriel…..IF God is God.the Holy Ghost is angel Gabriel then Jesus is???

hopefearmercy:)

forgot to add this post to my last one sorry

forgot to add this to my last post sorry:)

Some ministers say that Jesus was filled with the Holy Ghost while he was in his mother’s womb…But they don’t also say……that so was John the Baptist was as well. In LUKE 1:13,15…..But the angel said unto him, fear not; Zacharias; for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elizabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John. For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother’s womb.

not as they appear

For our God have eternal love for all men, this is why our God gave his one and only begotten Son Jesus Christ, that all men might have eternal life through his beloved Son. God did not only give his Son for me, but he also gave him for you, and all others that are willing to accept this great love.

God had many sons according to the bible and one other "begotten son".

Jeremiah 31:9…..I am father to Israel and Ephraim is my firstborn.
Romans 8:29…For whom he did foreknow, he also did prediestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn of many brethren.
(all of these are firstborn….then what is Jesus then?)
Matthew 5:48….That you may be the children of your Father..and be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
2 Corinthians :18 ..And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty .(There are too many places in the Bible as to not to take the “son of God†literally.)
*****Psalms 2:7….(God said to David)….I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me(David), Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

Jesus isn't the ONLY SON ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE....nor the only "begotton son".

hopefearmercy, the more you post, the more obvious it is to every one here that you were NEVER a Christian!

You make these mistakes because you think and post like a Muslim ... hence you make the same mistakes that Muhammad made. Muhammad thought that the spirit he met in the cave was Gabriel. He, like you, had NO concept of the true Holy Spirit. Hence his confusion about Gabriel and the Holy Spirit.

However, the picture in the Bible is very clear. Read both accounts.

Firstly, in Matthew we read:

Matthew 1:18-25 8This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit. Because Joseph her husband was a righteous man and did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly. But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, "Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"â€â€which means, "God with us."

When Joseph woke up, he did what the angel of the Lord had commanded him and took Mary home as his wife. But he had no union with her until she gave birth to a son. And he gave him the name Jesus.

Then in Luke we read:

Luke 1:26-38 In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee, to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin's name was Mary. The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."
Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."

"How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?"

The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God. Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month. For nothing is impossible with God."

"I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her.

OK? Now do you see the difference? The angel Gabriel announced the "overshadowing" which would be by the Holy Spirit.

Luke 1:11-17 Then an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right side of the altar of incense. When Zechariah saw him, he was startled and was gripped with fear. But the angel said to him: "Do not be afraid, Zechariah; your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you are to give him the name John. He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth, for he will be great in the sight of the Lord. He is never to take wine or other fermented drink, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit even from birth. Many of the people of Israel will he bring back to the Lord their God. And he will go on before the Lord, in the spirit and power of Elijah, to turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the righteousâ€â€to make ready a people prepared for the Lord."

Yes, various people WERE filled with the Holy Spirit BEFORE the outpouring of the Holy Spirit FOR ALL at Pentecost.

:)

not authenticated site...don't you understand?

Gary I have told you that this site is not authenticated by Islamic Scholars and learned Muslims....please don't bring it up again when it is not substantiated by true Muslims.

you just don't understand it do you? It is wrong! and totally non Islamic...this site was made up to go against Islam with untruths about Islam....but yall are just happy to keep on posting it to mislead others ...amazing how much christian mentality shows amongst Christians eh?

thanks

hopefearmercy

Hopefearmercy

You was saying something about that I should back up what I had to say with more Bible and scripture.

I would like to ask you one question considering this one Moslem, how many Moslem house-hold could you find a version of the King James Holy Bible through out their home?

By leaving out the scripture I do this with the hope of having many to agree or disagree with me, that they might have to go to the Bible a lot to prove their point, during this study they might learn something.

Thank you and God bless you
Herbert

what gives?

Gary,

Why would a muslim go to a site that they KNOW they hate them and lies about them?? Is that respect in teaching and discussing?????...proofs stand out and you can prove in Islam. That is the beauty of having a religion you know you CAN BELIEVE in instead of just having FAITH in....Truth stands out.

We are told to REASON with one another....not turn into hateful beings in order to TRY and prove wrong...this is what is wrong with Christianity in trying to prove their points contrary to Islam....well, I shouldn't say Christianity, I should say CERTAIN HUMANS.

generalizing hateful statements and crude assumptions against another is wrong but yet you seem to love it all the same....what gives?

hopefearmercy

prove it worthy of God.

First of all, I WAS A CHRISTIAN....FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF DAYTONA BEACH FLORIDA...REVEREND BOBBY WELCH...TWO KIDS...HAYLEE AND MATTHEW....BRO. TOM LYNN WAS THE MINISTER OF MUSIC....TRUST ME...I WAS A CHRISTAIN AND I KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.

The point of the "holy spirit"...is simple Gary, ....the spirit of truth shall come.....HE shall ....He He He He....seven times in one sentence....what has he shown you.....but yet in the scriptures, you find the holy spirit already present before Jesus had to go away.....so explain that....that's all.......you can give no explanation...seriously think about it....i gave you references.

As for the bible being found in the homes of muslims,......why hold a bible to the quran when there is obviously PROVEN MISTAKES in a book that PEOPLE claim to be from God and not God Himself?...when you have a book CLAIMING TO BE FROM GOD, with NO MISTAKES OR CONTRADICTIONS...wouldn't you prefer to have this book instead?....This book, the Quran, is the truth from Adam to God's last prophet Mohammad peace and blesssings be upon all of them....it involves the truth of the prophets and the books from before....ALL IN ONE PACKAGE DEAL.:)

To teach a Muslim something about Christianity, you must first prove your book is free from mistakes, if you want them to UNDERSTAND your religion....to simply say this is what is in the Bible, whent he Bible is proven faulty, who would hold it as factual?

To say that I wasn't a Christain and that I don't understand the scripture, well ya know what?....when you find faults in your religion and you don't somewhere else, I would be the first one to admit it....why hold a blind eye to what you know you can't prove?...this is silly....real silly....God will test EVERYONE....EVEN CHRISTAINS.....remember the passage where Jesus supposedly is talking to the Gentiles?????...who are the Gentiles???? you and me....He'll say....."Get away I never knew you!".....remember the passage when Jesus supposedly is saying....they worship me in vain????...what about the ones where Jesus claims "why callest thou me good when there is no Good but the father ?".....etc.etc.etc....

Jesus according to you is a God....He makes no claim....he simply says in the bible to follow me.....that is what a muslim does as well....We love Jesus, we don't worship Him....we MUST believe in him to have eternal life as well as all the other prophets of God...and those that were during the time of Moses, they had to believe in him as well, doesn't make him God either....we don't worship Jesus....we don't take him as God....He never claimed or said anywhere in the Bible.......'I AM GOD'....no where....you can relate all the verses where in the bible it claims ambiguity...the father and I are one...etc.....if you read further....so are all the desciples....and other sons of god in the bible....all prophets of God are with god so to speak, but it doesn't make them God.

Please don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about. Until you realize what I am saying....you can quote scripture all you want....and so can I...but this scripture that you are quoting from the Bible, how can you prove it existed during the time of Jesus' with eyewitnesses that hold true?....how can you prove the bible has no mistakes?....how can you believe in translations after translations and the theologians of Christiandom are constantly CONTEMPLATING if this is this and that is that?...do you not think that God is above them?

anyways.....I could go on and on....but to prove the Bible true.....prove it without mistakes and contradictions to prove it worthy of God.

hopefearmercy

hopefearmercy... we have shown that you have no clue about Christianity. You make the same mistakes as Muhammad.

Christianity is based on The Word... the living Word, Jesus Christ. Not the dead word of some so-called prophet who murdered, allowed rape and robbed.

Why would anyone who has known Jesus Christ EVER follow a murderer like Muhammad?

:-?

ot.gif

bot.gif

OR

getout.gif

LolLolLolLol.gif

it's obvious.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hopefearmercy... we have shown that you have no clue about Christianity. You make the same mistakes as Muhammad.

Christianity is based on The Word... the living Word, Jesus Christ. Not the dead word of some so-called prophet who murdered, allowed rape and robbed.

Why would anyone who has known Jesus Christ EVER follow a murderer like Muhammad?

You have not proven that I do not know Christianity. All you have done was use YOUR lack of knowledge about Islam against me thinking I know no better. I have told you to prove to me that the Bible is free from mistakes....you cannot. I told you I was a Christian but yet you feel inside you that just because now I am a Muslim, that I was never a Christian....well YOU ARE WRONG my friend and I do not need to prove to you otherwise since you obviously hate muslims and Islam. Is obvious by your remarks when you constantly degrade and humiliate others' religion by posting degrading UNTRUTHS which you cannot prove TRUE. Is obvious here which one hates.

have a nice day
hopefearmercy

Back