Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

[__ Prayer __] request for strength and help

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
N

needstrength

I’ve not had the best relationship with Christ and have not been to church in over 20 years I spent most of all of my 20’s with my back to the lord and even at time cursed him and his name. I had always asked way he did what to me. In my early 20’s my mother was crippled in and accident then so years later diagnosed with a severe case fibromyalgia plus fatigue syndrome to top that off she is allergic to a some of the medication that a person would take to help out. When this first started my father in-law at that time just packed up and left her with no money and no way to take care of herself as she was bed ridden and unable to walk at all. I was the only child that lives in the area and was the one that had to take care of her. In doing so I ended up giving up going back to school and many other parts of my life. It’s been one of the hardest thing to deal with and have always asked way over the years was I the one that had to deal with this with no help from the rest of my family or support from them or any other person. It had left my with a great deal of hate and dislike for most of my family and for god for not giving me any help over the years and fro doing this to my mother as she had already had a hard life with racing 4 kid by herself. I have been trying to make amides with the lord, going back to school and turn my life round but things have been the hardest ever her health is keep getting worse she’s sick all the time is always upset and unhappy will go for weeks at a time where she will say little or nothing at all to me. I never know if she is mad or upset at me or just not feel good again. It so hard to deal with that over the past two or three months I have spent hours holding back tears of great pain. I don’t have any one to talk to about this as I have no real friends and it’s hard to make them as most say look he’s in his 30’s and still lives with his mother and it’s hard to explain to them what the situation is.

I just don’t know what to do any more the pain of seeing her in pain so much and feeling of being alone so much is starting to take a real toll on me physically, emotionally and mentally. I need the prayers for strength to make it throw this and help from the lord to find a church that I feel home at.

Thanks

It's so easy for us to blame God, isn't it? I myself got mad at him this week. My mom had an emergency double bypass in March (she seemed so healthy, so we were shocked...as was she) and we just found out Monday that she has one that they missed. How did they miss it? Why is God allowing this to happen? He knows how much I love my mom. She's my best friend. How dare he allow my mom to have something that could take her life. How dare he make us go through seeing her in such awful shape again. WHY? WHY? WHY????!!!

But, with the help of others, I had to remind myself that God doesn't control everything in life. Sure, he can create miracles and all, but there are things that he just allows to happen. Why? I don't really know. Maybe it's the Devil doing it.

It's hard times when we need God the most. And it sounds to me like God is someone that you could really use right now. I'm putting all my trust in him that he will help my mom through this next surgery like he did last time. I'm trying not to think of losing her, but I do have the peace of mind knowing that if I ever DID lose her, she is a Christian and I know where she would be.

Ugh. I'm sorry. I can't talk about this. :crying:

I'm praying for you. Just go to God. We need him right now. Take care of your mother. Talk to her about God. Pray together.

I’d like to say thank you all for you prayers in this it’s helped a lot. I went to church this Sunday it’s funny I have driven by it for almost four year and never really paid much attention to it. The church it less the 5 min from my house and is a nice large one with a lot of help groups. I think the lord was working as the one and only thing that I really came away with in the sermon that day is that if you give your problem over to the lord he will work it out. You just need to turn your pain and problems over to the lord.

Things are getting a little better it’s still not great but getting better. I’ve got a long raid ahead of me but it’s getting better a little at a time.

Thanks

I'm praying for you. Keep going to that church, it sounds like a good one. Amazing what God and a good church you feel comfortable attending can do for your life.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back