Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

• Site Restructuring

The site is currently undergoing some restructuring, which will take some time. Sorry for the inconvenience if things are a little hard to find right now.

Please let us know if you find any new problems with the way things work and we will get them fixed. You can always report any problems or difficulty finding something in the Talk With The Staff / Report a site issue forum.

Righteous Judgement

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lovekr07

'You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge another, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. Now we know that God’s judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment? Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, forbearance and patience, not realizing that God’s kindness is intended to lead you to repentance? But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For God does not show favoritism. All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares. '

Romans 2:1-16

https://www.bible.com/bible/111/ROM.2.1-16

God judges righteously because He is perfect and without sin. He has a right to judge us, yet He does it in love and is not nasty. We as human beings have no right to look down on anyone for their sins because we fall short of perfection ourselves. We are sinners whether we sin in the same way as another person or not. I am remembering the story of the woman who was caught in adultery and the people who came to Jesus to embarrass and condemn her. Jesus said, “May he who is without sin cast the first stone.” When he said this, all became quiet and as Jesus was writing in the sand, one by one, each person walked away. We do not know what Jesus wrote, but it must have been something that convicted their consciences. There is a wrong way and a right way to point out the sins of another person. The first thing to do is for us to examine our own hearts to confess and repent of our own sins first. In doing this, we are also to examine our motives for wanting to point out another person’s fault. If our motives are not pure, or if we are even guilty of the same sin, then we should not say anything to another person until we first repent. After we have done this, we need to ask the Lord if He even wants us to bring up this person’s faults to them and if so, we need to make sure that we do it in love and humility rather than in pride or rudeness. Our goal should always be to help the other person, not to hurt them. We have no right to look down on anyone. Just like how it is God’s kindness that leads us to repentance, we are to arm ourselves with this same attitude. Also, just like God is patient with us and bears with us in our sins, we are to be patient with others and bear with them as well. Besides, we need people to be patient with us, too. The very same way we wish to be treated when we mess up, should be the way that we treat others. This applies to parenting as well. Lord, help me to be patient, kind, gentle, and to bear with my children when they mess up, just like You do with me. May I model for them how they should treat others and also how they should expect others to treat them. I pray that I will treat them the way that I wish to be treated when I mess up.

We should also be yielded to the Holy Spirit and seeking to please Him every day. We are to daily die to ourselves, confess our sins, and repent of them. Those who do this inherit eternal life and have peace with the Father in this life. However, those who stubbornly ignore Him and go their own way, will reap God’s wrath.

The above passage explains how Gentiles who do not have the law, still do as the law requires show that the law is written on their hearts, so they are judged by that law because God gives everyone a conscience. Every person is without excuse and will face God’s judgement and wrath on judgement day is they do not repent and turn to the Lord for salvation. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one can fulfill all the righteous requirements of the law without His help and do Jesus is the only way to Heaven. We ALL need Jesus!!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back